The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh

Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Empty
PostSubject: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 7:28 am

Shane was beginning to think that making their way out of the city, away from the rubble and the bodies of their fallen friends, was a bit of a bad idea.

They were stuck in the midst of what had to be the biggest traffic jam he had ever seen... the only difference between this and any other traffic jam was that this one was caused by the fact that there was no one left alive in the cars in front of behind them. Not even Walkers were in amongst these cars it seemed.

To be honest they were like metal tombs for the people who had died in them.

But the main reason why he didn't like this whole thing was that everything was quiet... too quiet. And not only that but they had stumbled across a collection of knives that were useful. This stank to him... when things were going this well it was because the world was about to screw you over.

In his experience anyway.

Getting Harliquinn alone back near the car that they had travelled in, Shane opened the door to sit down with his legs hanging out of the car,

"This is too easy Harliquinn." he told her quietly, "Whenever things are going this well it's because there's another fuck up around the corner. I mean look at the CDC for Christ's sake."

He ran a hand through his hair and chuckled a little bit weakly,

"Is it bad that I think like this?" he asked in a whisper, "That I am constantly looking for danger... and the absence of it makes me even more on edge?"
Back to top Go down
Harley Ledger

Harley Ledger

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:57 am

Harliquinn had been surprised that their trip to Fort Benning had been cut short by this massive traffic jam that they had come across, that and the fact that the RV had a massive power failure and they had to wAit around for Dale to be able to fix the damn thing. It was so irritating to her, keeping on the move, or staying hidden was the best way.

Rick had them sitting out here like ducks ready to be shot.

It almost made her roll her eyes.

When Shane pulled her to one side to talk about the fact that everything seemed a little too perfect, Harliquinn happened to agree. This just seemed far too easy to her, being on the road was apparently hard and yet nothing had happened yet and they had been here a good 40 minutes workout a single walker.

Smiling reassuredly at him she shook her head;

"No, I think it is perfectly rational Shane...so many bad things have happened to you and your group it seems naive not to think something else is going to happen. You are just being prepared."

Biting her lip, she looked into the distance before admitting with a blush; "I'm kind of scared I have never been out in the open like this since the whole epidemic started...I just want to get back on the road."

Maybe Shane would actually get Dale to kick his ass in gear and move them out of here if she played the sympathy card.
Back to top Go down
Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:29 am

The rest of the group was no doubt enjoying the little rest they were getting but Shane was just too on edge to actually care for it too much. It was annoying but the truth was that Fort Benning seemed further and further away. And all of the cars seemed to be heading in that direction... so it was safe to assume that at least some of the people had been trying to get to the fort. Lots of them probably had gotten there so it was actually giving him something to think about...

When they got there what would they find?

Over-crowded refugee camp? Heavily defended fences? Either way, it wasn't much of a life, that was for damn sure.

When Harley said that he was thinking entirely rationally he let out a small sigh of relief. He had been a little bit worried about himself for a bit there but if she said it was fine then he was sure that it was actually sine and he relaxed ever so slightly,

"Yeah I guess so." he admitted before glancing around, "But it's just... I can't see or hear any danger what so ever. So who knows what is actually going on."

He smiled softly and cupped her cheek for a few seconds, his fingertips touching her soft cheek for a bit longer than what might be considered acceptable in a purely friendly way,

"Hey... it's alright." he assured her confidently, "All you've got to worry about is de-stressing yourself. When we eventually make a camp we're bound to be out in the open and it's best to help your face your fears now."
Back to top Go down
Harley Ledger

Harley Ledger

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Harliquinn thought that she was getting closer and closer to Shane, her opinion obviously mattered to him and she was only going to get closer and closer to him as they continued to travel and she continued to try and sway him towards her. Normally she wouldn't have taken so long to get a man into bed however circumstances had rather changed since then.

It was more of a challenge, and Harliquinn was going to rise to it.

After all she always got what she wanted.

"Don't worry too much about it Shane, maybe you should just enjoy the moments peace,at any moment that could change. We might not get many chances to just snatch a moment to walk around free like this for a while."

Leaning her touch into Shane's hand, Harliquinn hummed softly and decided that she might introduce some semblance of romance into her speech when she was talking to Shane. Although she was content with waiting, she did want to drop a few hints after all, maybe it would spur him on to advancing with her?

"I guess I should but...it's just so hard." She whispered softly "I would rather be in that panic room...but, I just couldn't bring myself to leave the group, I guess I went and got myself attached to someone." Harliquinn blushed and looked away from Shane in embarrassment, eager to see his reaction.
Back to top Go down
Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 4:32 am

Shane was still best friends with Rick but now he was perhaps a lot closer to Harley than he was to the other man. Something about having an affair with the man's wife meant that (even though Rick only suspected) he felt massively guilty just being around him. Of course it was lessening and he was quickly getting his best friend back. But...

He wasn't Shane's confidante anymore.

No that role had been taken by Harley; it was her that Shane sought out for advice and it was her who he wanted to talk to about his thoughts and feelings. Her opinion was held higher in his regard than even Rick's,

"I suppose you're right, freedom of movement you'd think would be one of the good things about the world today but..." he smirked, "Freedom to move into more Walkers is no freedom at all I don't think."

Shane blushed lightly when she spoke about her connection, her attachment, to one member of the group being the reason why she hadn't run on back to the panic room to hide. And seeing as he was the one she spent the most time with he assumed that it was him she was referring too,

"I know but you should stay with us." he told her, giving her hand a gentle squeeze, his fingertips touching her for just a few seconds too long to be acceptable, "I know... someone... is very attached to you as well."
Back to top Go down
Harley Ledger

Harley Ledger

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:47 am

Harliquinn thought that Shane was a little bit paranoid but with good reason, with being the one who created the disease she knew the damage it could cause. The world around them was enough of a testament to that. Shane was being wise and she was going to trust his judgement until she got the measure of this world now, when she had, then she would be the one offering an opinion on the situations.

"Well now that is a really depressing way to think Shane, I know that sitting here is making me relaxed, maybe we should go and search cars for supplies again. It should take your mind off the lack of danger around here."

When she heard that Shane was having feeling for her too, Harliquinn smirked inside and she thought that she was so much closer to getting her way. To getting Shane completely under her thumb in a friendly manner and as a lover. Maybe she could even tell him a little but more about herself...would that be a wise move?

Discounting the thought she merely smiled shyly on the outside to Shane;

"R-really? Well...well that's very good for you. Attachments are important during times like these..." She murmured softly "I'm sure that giving that you are so uhm, well Shane like, no woman would be able to resist you, unless there's something you aren't telling me between you and Rick."

Teasing him a little she merely stuck her hands in her pockets, taking another look around.

Last edited by Harley Ledger on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : H)
Back to top Go down
Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:34 am

Shane chuckled a little bit to himself when she said that it was a depressing way to think about it all and, to be honest, he happened to agree with her. Chuckling lightly again, he nodded in mild agreement even though all he could think about was protecting the group... oh and some naughty thoughts about what he would do if he and Harley were in a very private place right now. He smirked a little bit,

"Yeah I suppose we should do something otherwise they'll likely say that we're being lazy somehow... I'm not sure how." he joked a little bit before laughing happily, "Come on then, let's see if we can get some happiness and relaxation in this amount of time."

Shane had to admit that revealing his feelings for Harley hadn't been on the list of things he wanted to do that day. It was daunting and it was rather scary to be perfectly honest. He wasn't supposed to reveal things like that... what would happen if she rejected him like Lori had begun to do as soon as Rick had arrived?

He smiled back just as shyly but he was sure that he was much more nervous than she was. He coughed a little bit nervously and nodded,

"Well I can assure you that it's not Rick I'm talking about." he told her before mustering his courage, "I was thinking about... WALKERS!"

Just as he had begun to think about what he was going to say he saw them, hundreds of Walkers making their way listlessly towards them. He wrapped an arm around Harley to guide her to the RV,

"Everyone in the RV... doors and windows locked and covered up when we're inside alright?"
Back to top Go down
Harley Ledger

Harley Ledger

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Harliquinn was happily looking about a few cars nearby when she had realised that Shane was about to confess his feelings for her, it brought her back to reality rather sharply and she couldn't help but pick her way back towards Shane with a shy smile on her lips. Of course inside she was thinking they by tonight they could be doing some rather hot and heavy things together as soon as they were alone in Shane's car.

Biting her lip Harliquinn looked deep into Shane's eyes when he started to speak, vet glad that he wasn't a secret gay for Rick, it was always nice to have that confirmed.

"Yes? You were feeling a connection to...?" She whispered breathlessly drawing closer and closer to Shane as if she was going to kiss him, or embrace him but of course she would have preferred the kiss "W-what?"

Suddenly she was being yanked away into the RV with Shane and inside she was screaming and cussing at the goddamn timing of it all. Although looking at the sheer size of the Walker group she didn't think hanging around to get her answer would be wise. She needed to get inside somewhere and be very very quiet.

One of the cars with dead people in for added camouflage would have been best but the RV was more stable.

"Okay..." Harliquinn whispered as she boarded the RV closing the curtains and slipping under the table, obviously scared, not just on the outside, but inside too, a herd like this would kill them all. No amount of bait would save her. Worrying her lip she hugged her knees to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 4:52 am

God damn the timing of these god damned Walkers!

Of all the times for there to be a Walker attack, it had to be when he was finally going to be able to confess his love for his lovely Harley? Of course it had to be. Everytime something went right it seemed to be a beacon to the damned things. He swallowed a little bit of his own fear in order to appear strong, calmn and collected in the face of this new Walker threat.

Even though using it would probably not become necessary, Shane took his shotgun up to cover the door to the RV as it closed behind them, just as the first of the Walkers was beginning to shuffle parallel to it. He let out a small breath and whispered to the group as a whole,

"If one comes in..." he took an offered combat knife from Daryl, "I'll take it out quick and quiet alright? You guys just stay put even if one comes on in..."

God damn it he hated this place!

With all these Walkers and death round every corner. His own happiness came from Harley and that was a fact to be sure. And right now these Walkers were threatening that. But they would not succeed. He would not let them succeed.
Back to top Go down
Harley Ledger

Harley Ledger

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:10 am

Harliquinn couldn't help but curse several times in her head about the fact that although her creations were awesome at killing and devastating the world, they really did ruin the moment. Hopefully when this was all over though they could begin to recreate the moment again, it would be might then, and it would make her words seem all the more romantic.

Yes, perhaps night time was best.

Deciding that she couldn't just sit there, looking scared and doing nothing, Harliquinn was going to protect the children. Not from enjoyment. But protecting children especially Carl seemed to give her extra brownie points with Shane and she could really do with some of those for tonight, he might just be up for something more physical.

"Hey it's okay..." She whispered softly "Come into the bathroom, sit down here and I will stand guard of the door. If anything happens then just close the door and keep quiet, ill protect you." Harliquinn murmured gently as she sat down cross legged in front of the door do as to protect Carl and Sophia behind her.

Giving a look to Shane, although inside she was a little unnerved, her outer expression was much more scared than she was really feeling. Hopefully they would be able to get back to normal after this herd had passed by, and they would hopefully pass by rather quickly...although judging by the size of it they were going to be here a while.

Worrying her lip between her teeth she picked out her knife and held it softly.
Back to top Go down
Shane Walsh

Shane Walsh

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:41 am

Shane had to admit that right about now he was actually hoping that this was all a dream or something. Or maybe that it was just something other than zombies - Walkers - attacking them constantly. Hell, even vampires would be better for them to face if he had to make a choice, at least then they'd get some down time to rest up and such. And they had ruined a very good atmosphere between himself and Harley.

He imagined vampires would have at least let them have a kiss or something.

Seeing Harley leading the kids into the bathroom, he smiled faintly at her and nodded in approval. That was good... the kids needed to be protected above all else in Shane's mind. Well... above most other things and people but not a certain someone of course,

"Listen to her guys..." he advised them, "And be very quiet alright? They might end up..."

There was a light thump on the door and Shane jumped slightly, gripping his knife tighter. Easing himself up slightly, he snuck a peek outside to see that the herd had moved on but one Walker was slumping against the door. He sighed before gripping his knife tight. Steeling himself, he opened the door quickly, knocking the thing out on it's ass. Kneeling on to of the Walker, he stabbed it between the eyes quickly and quietly.

He looked around hesitantly,

"Seems... clear."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)   Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulls on Parade (Shane and Harliquinn)
Page 1 of 1