The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Empty
PostSubject: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:42 am

Thorin was sharpening his axe absently as he waited in the living area of his small little home. He wanted to be able to see when Elentari entered his little home for the first time. The last time they had met up had been months ago and had been miles away from hime. And yet here he was, waiting for her in the comfort of his own home. He wanted to show her the true meaning of Dwarf hospitality and he had even brewed some tea especially for her.

He waited and he waited.

Hopefully she wouldn't be late again like she was last time. He hoped almost beyond hope and couldn't help but despair a little. He had been waiting for her to arrive for hours now and it was beginning to wear down his hope on the inside.

He had been missing his personal 'angel' something fierce and it was only his stupid pride that made him keep from voicing of expressing this. The noise would attract too much attention he thought.

He didn't need his neighbours walking in to find him collapsed on the ground with the remains of a ruined cup of mead as he wept into the floor. That just wouldn't do! So instead he just tried to remain calm and impassive as he waited for the one human who had made him feel like he had struck gold every second he was with her.
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:50 am

Elentari had not meant to be late to the second meeting with Thorin.

Honestly it had never been her intention.

To be quite frank with herself she never meant to be late for anything, there was nothing she loathed more than someone who was late and made her waste her time.

There was however nothing to be done about it, her paths had crossed with one of the wizards that had chosen to see her as one of the reasons for the returning darkness in the lands and had taken it upon himself to try and condemn her to her own eternal personal hell. For once she was glad to be able to say that she could knock any other wizard on his ass, and actually mean it.

Although her appearance was a little ruffled, her leather armour bit into by rough spells and sword slashes, and her skin was split and cut on her arms, her legs her torso, she was making it to his home and that was all that mattered at this moment. Thorin, despite his pride, would be worrying, and she wanted to dispel that worry as soon as she could.

Leaning heavily upon her staff she knocked at the door, waiting for him to open it she called out;

"Thorin, my apologies for the lateness, I was regrettably delayed...please do forgive the tardiness of my arrival."
Back to top Go down
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 am

Thorin was beginning to put his axe away for the day, having made it and it's brothers as sharp as was practical to have them since as sharp as 100% was unnecessary and would actually just end up getting damaged on the battlefield. He rolled his neck muscles a little bit and took another swing of mead, shivering as the powerfully alcoholic drink rushed into his body. It truly was amazing but he was about to put it away; no use drinking something this fine when there was no one to appreciate it with you.

As soon as he heard the knock on the door his demeanour changed and the axe was instantly in his hands, ready to strike down his enemies. Hearing that it was actually Elentari he debated whether or not to answer but in the end he placed his axe nect to the door. Opening it a crack, he realised who it was before opening the door wide,

"It is alright, it gave me some time to finish putting my affairs in order." he told her with a little chuckle, holding up a list of dwarves that might actually work with him and people he knew. This was his will after all and he wanted to make sure everyone got what they wanted, "I made sure that you were on the list too in case this went south without me giving you chance to get what you wanted from the Lonely Mountain."

He invited her in, noting her state of dress with a single raised eyebrow,

"Tea? Or mead considering you look like you need it."
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 am

Elentari sometimes thought that Thorin was maddening, she had only met him one time before but it was from that meeting it was painfully clear to her that he at least on some level cared for her and her safety because she had helped him so. When he then ignored her state when he opened the door to her, it was one of those times she was both maddened and endeared to the Dwarf, it was as if he didn't want to show kindness, for fear of it being rebuked,

He seemed to be more hopeful, more content now, after she had spread the word about him wanting to gather a force in all the right circles, he had gotten more people to help him on his quest, all she needed to do was go and find the scattered Dwarves and reunite them. It had been really quite simple to her, but it was sparking his belief this could actually happen further.

"Now now that is hardly needed Thorin." she smiled reassuringly "You know that you will go forth with my protection and Gandalfs, it is extremely unlikely you will need such a document, although, I am deeply honoured you would place me upon it."

Stepping into his home when she was invited, Elentari looked around and had to stoop a little because of the low roof, but then comfortably sat down on the chair offered to her. Her legs were weary after all with the travelling and the battle she had just been a party to. Numeli the Blue was someone not to be messed with, unless you were her.

"I'll have some mead, you are right, I do indeed need it." she laughed gently, placing her stick against her chair so that her hands were free. Removing her cloak she placed it on the back of her chair with only a small hiss as she pulled at one of her larger cuts "You have a pleasant home Thorin. I thank you once again for your invitation."

Back to top Go down
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:22 am

Thorin was a little bit concerned about her condition but he knew that she was likely not going to accept any medical attention he could give her. Not only that but she was likely healing herself even as they spoke. He had found out that beings with magic used it almost constantly and one of the best ways for her to do that right now would be to heal the damage that she has taken. That way she won't bleed out and Thorin wouldn't have to look like a fool by attempting to play nursemaid of the like.

He owed a lot to her, he knew. She was the reason why he had smiled for the first time in years and she was the reason that his life still had a purpose. He laughed a little bit at the idea that he wouldn't need a will or the like,

"No offence but we're going against a dragon.., we'd need the entire wizard council to even stand a chance of killing it head on." he admitted before smirking a little bit, "Of course you'd do better at convincing it to leave than I and my axe would be able to."

Pouring her a glass of his strongest mead, he handed her the glass before closing the door. He then handed her a bottle of cheap elvish wine. Sometimes people likes to move packages like that. He smirked a little bit,

"Well drink up... my finest and strongest!" he declared before bowing slightly to her, "You flatter me and my home; I thank you. I'm glad that you're here though, better late than never. Have you been preparing yourself for our journey?"
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:30 am

Elentari only wished that she would be able to accompany Thorin while he was on this journey, it would be her greatest wish to see him reclaim his homeland and have it rid of the evil that was Smaug, but there was nothing to be done. Attacks like the one she had been under today would be happening more and more, and she would draw more unwelcome attention to the Dwarves mission, the last thing they needed were wizards, orcs and a dragon.

"Oh I think I would do more than be able to convince it to leave, it has always been my goal to try and tame a dragon, rumour has it they make excellent guard dogs for any treasures you want keeping, and I do have many treasures." Elentari admitted with a wry smirk "You should believe more in yourself Thorin...I believe as do those who follow you, that you have the strength to do this, and come out alive at the end."

As she was handed the mead Elentari allowed her magic to work completely on healing herself, she wanted to be able to look her best of course but she had been worried about other attacks, so her magic had been used to cloak her until she had arrived at Thorin's doorstep. Taking a deep drink, she shivered pleasantly and hummed contentedly.

"Mmm this is a most excellent tasting mead!" she exclaimed with a happy soft smile "I should have known that you would have the best vintage's at your disposal."

Catching what he had said, Elentari placed the mead cup back down and allowed her black eyes to lock with Thorin's, she supposed now was the time to make sure he knew exactly what was going to happen;

"Thorin...I...I am unable to come on this journey with you. That is why I have been enlisting Gandalf to help in your efforts instead, I am afraid...I must turn myself into a life of exile, and I must do so as quickly as possible. To go with you, puts myself and your company in more danger than I care to subject either of us to." Elentari explained, her voice was low and pregnant with emotion, her sadness at not being able to help Thorin fully.
Back to top Go down
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:25 am

Thorin knew that he would need more of Elentari's support before they made it to the Lonely Mountain. She was part of the reason why he had felt the desire to reclaim his home so keenly and she was definitely one of the most important figures ever to have come into his life. She had affected his life almost as much as his father and grandfather had done. But with her by their side he knew that the evils arrayed against them would be easily dealt with,

"Well if it is the business of any mortal to possess a dragon then I am sure it would be your business." he joked with a little smirk even though he admitted that it would be rather amusing to see. When she said he should believe more in himself he snorted a little bit and patted his axe affectionately before gesturing to her, "I have faith in my axe. I have faith in my allies. It is my nature to doubt myself."

He could see her beginning to heal even now and that calmed him down a little bit. Seeing Elentari wounded was never something he got used to or ever enjoyed at all. Of course it was also unsettling to see all her wounds just close up but oh well,

"Why thank you, it was one of the bottles we managed to save from Moria when we got a foothold in the pantry area of the kingdom during our attack." he admitted with a smirk, "I took one case because it had orc blood on it... seemed fitting."

His blood ran cold when she stated, in no uncertain terms, that she was not to accompany him and the rest of his company on the quest. It... it hurt more than he thought it would have done but he tried to school himself and swallowed thickly,

"I... I suppose I guessed it myself awhile back but I just didn't want to admit it. Mainly because I don't see how I can succeed without you helping me." he said quietly, looking down at the floor, "My strength isn't enough to see my homeland freed from the dragon and my will... my will has only been stoked due to your words. It is tied to you... I am tied to you."
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:37 am

Elentari smiled happily when she heard that Thorin through it would be her business to own a dragon if anyone should, perhaps one day she would, it would be one of her goals, and that way both she and Thorin could look back and make sure that they learnt how to deal with dragons so that nothing like what had happened to his home could happen again. It would be a way to repay the damage done in the first attack on Erebor.

"Then I suppose it is good that I do not doubt you one bit, and, as a Wizard I have to say, I know a little bit more about things like this than you do." she stated with a happy laugh "It is refreshing though, to meet a dwarf that is not so full of confidence in himself, it is a rare thing in my experience."

To be honest, Elentari was upset herself that she could not accompany Thorin on his quest, although she would not be able to accompany him outright, she would be keeping an eye on him while he was journeying. Almost certainly she would meet them at certain points of their quest, and if they needed it badly, she would be there to support them.

No matter what the cost to herself.

Placing her hand on his cheek Elentari guided Thorin's eyes up to meet hers and she smiled gently at him, she could see that her lack of presence hurt his confidence, perhaps she could accompany them at the start...if they knew what dangers they exposed themselves to.

"I would accompany you Thorin if I thought it was wise to do so, I cannot put you and your group in danger by me travelling with you, without you first being aware of this danger. If you are intent on me travelling with you, I will happily do so but...it will not be without risks." Elentari whispered "But you can, and will succeed in your task, regardless of my presence."

Softly, she placed a kiss on Thorin's forehead, before pulling away and maintaining her distance.
Back to top Go down
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:50 am

Thorin just chuckled a little bit. She liked to use that whole "I'm a wizard, I know things" line when she knew that what she was essentially saying was "Look, just trust me on this alright?". It was amusing and it reminded him that whatever else she was, she was still a mortal and still a human. He smirked a little bit,

"All I know of being a wizard is that it makes wearing a pointy hat seem like a good idea for some reason." he teased her a little bit before laughing a little bit, "Yes well for every one like me there's a dozen more like the others I'm afraid."

He wanted her to follow him to battle the foul dragon for a number of reasons but by far the strongest reason was the sense of strength that she gave him. Such inner strength was what he loved more than anything else. Looking up into her eyes when she moved his head to do so, he tried not to let the doubt, the fear and the sadness show in his eyes. He didn't want to have his emotions guilt trip her into accepting the quest,

"We will already be in near constant danger Elentari... what more danger could we be in since we shall be travelling through Orc and Goblin lands before we even reach the mountain?" he asked her quietly, nodding to her, "I will take on any risks in order to have you take even the smallest length of the quest with me."

The blush that sprang up on his face was, thankfully, mostly covered by his beard. But the fact remained that such a simple kiss had sent his heart into a bit of a daze.
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:58 am

Elentari opened her mouth in mock shock, placing her pale slender hand over to cover it. She couldn't help but think that it was good for Thorin to joke with someone like this, on many occasions she had heard that the Dwarf Prince had been surly when talking and it was true she had found, when Elentari had first gone to meet him, he had been one of the most unhelpful people she had ever met. It made her heart glad to change that.

"I am hurt Thorin!" she exclaimed "Do you see me wearing a pointed hat? I would never wear something so silly, although, Gandalf wears his rather well, maybe I should invest in one as per your suggestion." Elentari teased with a sly wink "Never the less, you should be respecting your elders, I'm five times your age!"

Despite his efforts she could still see some traces of the sadness and the weakness that lay in Thorin's eyes when he looked up into her own burning black orbs. It made her heart wrench to see him in such a state, her friend, she was bound to him as he to her, it was strange for her to feel so strongly for a person this quickly, but it was most certainly a welcome change.

"I am in danger from other wizards, with magic level if not advanced beyond mine, especially if they manage to sway Saruman to step down from his tower and actually fight." Elentari explained "The reason for this I dare not say, it might damage your view of me." she admitted, the darkness of her magic often did taint peoples view of her.

Standing, she walked to the window, looking out to the stars, for a brief moment she thought. Thought about how she could accompany them.

"Perhaps, I can offer a compromise to you?" she asked with a gentle smile, as she turned back to look at Thorin.
Back to top Go down
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:11 am

He chuckled a little bit when she acted all shocked. Of course it was an act and they both knew it, that was part of what made it so amusing to him he had to admit. He didn't joke around like this with anybody else and it was actually rather fun to do so he decided in the end. It was obvious that no one else was used to him being like that though. He laughed a little bit and shook his head,

"I am sure you're dreadfully hurt." he joked a little bit before smirking a little bit, "Maybe you should but please don't go getting one that covers too much of you. As for being my elder... I'm not young pup myself Elentari!"

Thorin wasn't very good with self-esteem if he was being completely honest with himself. He had never really had much chance to be since his time to prove himself had ended with him being driven from his home by the damned dragon. He didn't want to be weak but he needed other things, other people, to believe in him to make him feel like he was worth something,

"I see... your allies are turning against you it seems." he said with a little sigh, "A thousand curses upon them for doing so. They're not better than the traitorous elves in that regard I am ashamed to admit my friend."

When she suggested that she could compromise for him he raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. Deciding to humour her, he nodded,

"I'm listening my dear."
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:22 am

Now it was Elentari's turn to laugh when she heard what Thorin had to say, it was so endearing the way he was letting his guard down, more of his feelings for her were coming through she could see. Including ones that didn't exactly scream of friendship, like the idea that she shouldn't cover herself up, perhaps she would have to wear a more...elaborate outfit rather than her armour next time they met if he desired for her not to be so covered.

"Alright I shall leave the hat since you desire me to be so uncovered." she stated with a playful wink letting him know that she had indeed caught that speech, and she had appreciated it "Hmm that is very true, I believe I can see some grey seeping into that black hair of yours Thorin, you should invest in a walking stick soon such is your age."

Elentari nodded her head, it pained her that her friends over the last hundred years had been so quick to turn against her as soon as Saruman told them that she was behind the dark magic that was being spread across the world. Many other beings, such as the Elves and more independent wizards such as Gandalf, had seen this is a lie, seen the truth in her words, and the gaps in Sarumans.

"I am certain that their poison comes from a place very few would care to challenge." she smiled gently "But still it makes my life difficult so I am not about to forgive them outright, but I look forwards to the day they must 'eat their words'." Elentari laughed.

Leaning against the window, the starlight shone against her black hair, almost as if it was outlining her form in silver. Elentari knew this compromise would still be dangerous, but it would only be dangerous for her, not for the group as they continued upon their quest.

"This I promise, that I will attend your quest when your group is in need of serious aid, I will endeavour to be there as fast as my skills allow. I will appear to you when you need strength and courage, although, it might not be in ways you fully expect." she stated with a wry smile "Does that sate you, Thorin?"
Back to top Go down
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 am

Thorin wasn't one for friendships springing up all over the place but Elentari was someone he would be happy to count as his best friend. It was an odd experience, to have a best friend, when you have been solitary for many decades. An incredibly odd experience. He smirked a little bit when she caught onto the fact that he didn't see her as only a friend. Perhaps they would have the opportunity to become more after this quest? He liked to think so at least,

"Yes keep yourself hat-less and see if you can be cape/robe-less too... it does nothing for you but make you look like a pilgrim or something." he teased her a little bit before laughing a little bit and tugging at the hair in his beard, "There has never been a dwarf alive who had ever needed a stick to walk and I'll not be the first I can tell you."

When she said that she was sure that they were being pressured into disliking her due to a pressure he raised an eyebrow but decided not to say a word about that part. After all, it wasn't really any of his business. She would deal with her problems best by her own methods and that was the bare bones truth,

"I too look forward to that day." he agreed before smirking a little bit, "I hope that I'm around to see that and it doesn't happen it Wizard-length time periods."

He was captivated by her beauty for a few moments and was even slightly slow to respond before he blushed slightly and replied,

"That sounds reasonable to me and I am also rather aware that it is the best offer you can realistically give to me." he bowed his head to her with a small smile, "This does indeed sate me my dear. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:42 am

Elentari laughed long and hard when he said that she would not look good dressed as a pilgrim, she knew that she wouldn't herself and while her form was young and attractive she would continue to dress in a manner that it allowed. Close fitting clothes were more her ideal, either that or long loose flowing dresses that would fit to her form with the breeze...Elven clothing was beautiful and she had many specimens of it.

Perhaps she could get Thorin to like something Elvish yet.

"Oh believe me, I would never wear anything close to what Gandalf will be wearing, I don't think I ever will." she smiled softly "Speaking of Gandalf, he has agreed to meet up with you in the coming month, he will send note to you about the exact date and time, but he is expected to gather the last member of your party in the third week."

Running her hands through her hair she sighed softly; "He intends to gather the last member from the Shire, so, he requests that you make sure you can get there for sometime in the third week. No frolicking off to the mountain on your own before then."

Elentari allowed a soft smile to crack across her lips. Happily she would allow her exile to last forever if it meant that the real source of this evil would not come to the fore, but she knew that it would, and when it did, the peace of Middle Earth would come to an end. There was of course no need to burden Thorin with her worries, not yet anyway, perhaps when his quest was won.

"If it happens in Wizard time periods I might have to speed it up myself, I do not look forwards to being in exile for a century, no indeed." she stated with a playful grin.

Exceedingly glad that Thorin was appeased by her offer, she moved slowly back towards her seat to finish her mead, she should be going soon, lest she be dragging too much attention towards Thorin's little home. Elentari didn't want him to be in trouble, or to be watched, while he was on his own adventure.

"Well then, I shall be glad to hold myself to my promise. I must leave soon but, before I do, how many of the Dwarves have been in contact with you, thirteen have given me their word they would do but, have they began to arrive to meet with you yet? Have any come?"
Back to top Go down
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:57 am

Thorin had to admit that Elentari looked much too young to be looking anything like a pilgrim or anything like what the other magic users looked like. He liked it much more when she wore the leather armour or the like. It showed that she was not only practical when it came to fighting but it also showed her figure off in just the right way for him,

"Yes you make sure that you don't go and cover up like those other wizards do. They happen to be old so it's practically a requirement for them; you are much younger in appearance and should flaunt this fact to them." he told her with a smirk before nodding a little bit, "Alright... I do wonder what kind of companion he would be looking for."

When she told him that Gandalf was looking for a member in the Shire he raised an eyebrow a little bit in confusion. The Shire? Home of the Hobbits? What on earth would the Hobbits be able to give them? Nothing sprang to mind, "I'm sure that I can resist that temptation but... a hobbit? Why would he want to recruit a hobbit?"

He shuddered a little bit when she suggested being an exile for the next century. Honestly he could never imagine being away from his people, splintered though they were, for that long. He shook his head a little bit,

"Well if they get difficult just ask me and I'm sure that we could cut them down to size and make them see our reason.

Drinking some mead of his own, he paused when she said that she must leave soon. He had actually made up a bed for her in his spare room, having specifically made a larger bed so that she would be able to fit in it. He nodded a little bit, trying to ignore the sadness he felt at knowing she would be leaving soon,

"Seven dwarves have been in contact with me so far and I'm sure the others will meet us as we march to The Shire."
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:05 am

Elentari didn't know what Gandalf was doing in the Shire looking for someone to share in the adventure, she didn't think that any of the folk that lived there would be wanting to be involved in something like this. Gandalf would be certainly kicked out of the town if what she had heard was any estimation, however...he was in love with the Shire and knew it's folk better than she would ever care to.

So, it was safe to say that she was as mystified as Thorin was about why he would be looking for someone to take on their quest with them there, she knew of others who would be much better for taking on a quest than a simple Hobbit.

"I too wondered that when I first heard of his plans but...Gandalf knows the people of that world better than I, and, he is my long and trusted friend, I take him at his word that he knows what he is doing." she stated with a soft smile "If he doesn't he will make me look like a fool to have trusted him in the first place."

Laughing softly, Elentari shook her head; "You think you lack courage to fight one dragon, try taking on several wizards, it would seem just as hopeless a situation but I thank you for your offer none the less Thorin."

As soon as she heard that most of them had been in contact, Elentari nodded, the others would not be far behind she knew, they were loyal to Thorin and to the cause that he headed, and so, they would not miss the chance to reclaim their home town alongside him. Even if they weren't all the best of dwarves, many being older, and one not having seen the field of battle, they were better than nothing.

"I am certain that they will attend you as soon as they are able, some come from very far away after all." Elentari smiled gently "I shall be keeping my eye on you, never fear, but I should be going now, it is dangerous for me to linger in any place for long."

Standing, she threw on her cloak, and picked up her staff once more, getting ready to face what might lay outside for her; "I thank you for your hospitality Thorin, and, for putting up with me being late again." Elentari smiled gently as she stood by her chair, wondering if he would rise to see her from the house.
Back to top Go down
Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 am

Thorin had to admit that a Hobbit sounded like the absolute worst travelling companion on a journey like this. Hell, it was only marginally better than travelling in the company of an elf or an orc for Durin's sake! Sighing a little bit, he nodded a little bit,

"I hope that he knows what he's doing. I've heard tell of his eccentric ways and I really do hope this isn't one of his more insane mumblings." he muttered a little bit before snorting a little bit, "If he doesn't I'd say I would too... but if the Hobbit is inadequate then I doubt I shall be alive long enough to give Gandalf a piece of my mind."

He rolled his eyes a little bit but let the comment slide. Truth be told he would have relied heavily on the fact that, as a dwarf, he was immune to quite a lot of magics. That way they wouldn't really be able to do too much to him.

When she told him that some of the company came from far away he nodded in agreement. The dwarves had spread themselves across middle earth after all, it came as no surprise to him. Chuckling a little bit, he nodded a little bit,

"With my angel looking over me what have I to fear my dear?"

Standing up a little bit reluctantly, he led her to the door where she thanked him for his hospitality. He bowed to her in response,

"It was my pleasure having you here." he assured her with a soft smile, "I look forward to seeing you along my quest. And... thank you Elentari, for all that you have done for me. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Elentari the Black

Elentari the Black

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:46 am

Elentari couldn't help but smirk a little bit when she heard him call her an angel again, it was really quite sweet that he thought so much of her, when really she was far from an angel, she was magical that was true but apart from that, her magic was dark and her intents although good never seemed to quite mask the fact that she used dark magic to achieve these positive intents.

At least, it didn't seem to mask it to the people who critiqued her. Long ago however, she had learnt that she should ignore those people as no matter what you did, you always had people who didn't approve.

"You flatter me Thorin, you know you could end up giving me an ego bigger than this room we stand in if you continue to call me that." Elentari responded with a gentle smile "But angel or not, I will look out for you so, no, you don't have anything to fear. Not now, and not when your quest finally begins, so, do not be afraid to enjoy yourself once in a while." she teased.

Softly, she kissed Thorin's cheek as she held his hands in her own, comforting him, but also, comforting herself at the same time. It was far from what she wanted to do, to leave now, just when she was having such fun, but alas she must go, go back to the cold and lonely halls of her manor. Perhaps she would have visitors? Who knew.

"Until our next meeting, Thorin, son of Thrain." Elentari whispered softly "May the stars be with you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)   The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lonely Mountain Dwarf (Thorin and Elentari)
Page 1 of 1