The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Empty
PostSubject: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:55 am

Rick hummed a little bit to himself, humming to the music of the mp3 player he was using as he stabbed at several Walkers through the gaps in the fences. Each and every stab was a kill and there were simply dozens of the damn things already on the ground. But thankfully this group was almost done and it only took a few more stabs before they died off completely.

Sighing a little bit, Rick didn't turn off his mp3 as he made his way back into the cell block to shower. Stripping off, he saw all the blood on his shirt before sighing and throwing it away. Damn thing was ruined. Showering quickly, he pulled on the remainder of his clothes and put his mp3 back on as he went around the prison checking for holes in the defences.

He entered the workshop area that he had shown to Ally yesterday and went around checking that all of the windows and doors were locked and bolted.

Not to mention all the bars on everything.

This prison had been old before the outbreak and he was glad of it because all the new ones required electricity to keep the inmates in. Without it, the effectiveness of the prison was limited. Humming still, he didn't notice anyone in the room as he sang a little bit,

"Why do you build me up... build me up..." he glanced around and spotted Ally across the room for him. He tugged his headphones out and grinned, "Hey Ally... working hard?"
Back to top Go down
Aloysius Crane

Aloysius Crane

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:12 am

Ally had been gathering things in order to make her defences work all morning, she had thought that if she could take some more materials from around the parts of the prison they weren't using she would be able to do them properly. Perhaps she could take some of the doors off the cell blocks they weren't using?

It would mean that she would be able to make a solid wall around the bottom of the area while still allowing the others to pick any walkers off through the top of the wired fence. She would have to see what Rick wanted her to do.

Would he want to be completely sealed off?
Or would he still want to be able to pick off the walkers like he was currently doing right now. They could still be seen from the guard towers with the solid walls but you would need to go outside to kill them.

Humming to herself she turned around and looked at Rick as he just checked all the bars and doors in the workshop without even saying hello to her. Oh, he had an mp3 in that was why. Smirking softly she just leant against the bench waiting for him to realise she was there.

"Hey there Rick, yeah I'm just drawing up possible plans for the place, but I need to know what I can pull from the prison in terms of materials. I was considering taking some of the doors off the cell blocks we aren't using, using them for the base of the wall."
Back to top Go down
Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:21 am

Rick hadn't meant to be rude with his mp3 player and ignoring Ally with it on but that seemed to be what had happened regardless. He wrapped his headphones around his mp3 and put it in his trouser pocket at he grinned at her and moved closer to her bench to talk to her. Her idea about pulling materials from the part of the prison they weren't using sure had potential,

"Ah sounds like a lot of fun... Well we've got the psyche block and death row we can use." he suggested with a grin, "The doors are solid steel and the beds in there are metal blocks that had been bolted to the wall but with the right equipment we should be able to take them both down easily enough."

Scratching his bare chest absently he nodded a little bit to himself before moving over to where she was writing down some plans,

"So what kind of wall are you thinking about constructing for us Ally?" he asked her honestly with a hum, "I'd personally like a solid wall better than the type we have now... It'll be harder for them to see our movement and less sound will escape."

He sighed a little bit as he rolled his neck to release some of the kinks in it,

"We can go recon Death Row and Psyche for the materials if you want."
Back to top Go down
Aloysius Crane

Aloysius Crane

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 am

Ally was just taking in the fact that Rick seemed to be rather shirtless right about now and he wasn't bothered about it at all. So why should she be bothered? If he wanted to wander around shirtless and get ogled it wasn't any of her business, in fact she was rather enjoying the sight. What with Charity going off with that hunter to forage stuff together...

It was just typical of her pretty baby sister to be getting all the attention, she was only 3 minutes younger than her how did she get the pretty genes?

"I was hoping that would be the case." she smirked "I'll just use some of my tools, they'll be able to get the bolts off no problems, then we can just use the blowtorches to cut the metal into sections so it's easier to use."

Placing her hand on her hips she pointed at both the wall ideas she had going on at the moment; "Well I was gunna ask you what you wanted, O brave and fearless leader." she joked with a smirk "There are two plans, one which means you have a solid lower half of the wall, to take out build ups through still, the other is a solid wall but you'd have to go outside to kill the fuckers. More dangerous."

With a little shrug of her shoulders Aloysius picked up her heavy wrench;

"Alright then, let's go. We need a lot of metal to go around this prison, so, I hope that we can break these things down into smaller sections." she stated with a hum "You gunna put a shirt on or we just going as is?" Ally asked with a snicker.
Back to top Go down
Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:46 am

Rick was glad to see that she was prepared for their little mission to gain some momentum. She had, perhaps, been waiting for him to give her a hand before continuing? He didn't know but he did know that she was going to have him helping her out now. After all, the defence of the prison was paramount to him and he would ensure the safety no matter what.

He hadn't seen Charity around a lot recently and he hoped that he wasn't creating a rift between the two sisters by having Ally focus on the defences while Charity worked on foraging with Daryl and the other hunters in the group,

"Yeah don't you just love old prisons?" he joked a little bit before nodding his head in agreement, "Yeah that sounds like the best way to do it to be. We've cleared those areas out but we'd best take weapons just in case."

Looking at the wall ideas he hummed as he thought about the pros and cons of both ideas as they were presented to him by Ally in the drawings. Humming a bit, he touched the plan with the solid lower half,

"I must admit that one sounds like a better idea." he admitted with a grin before nodding towards the cell blocks, "And it'll keep the others from getting too dulled to this whole thing. They need to be able to kill Walkers and the wall is the safest way of doing that."

Picking up some of her other tools and putting them into a toolbag that he then slung over his shoulder, he chuckled a little bit and scratched his chest absently,

"Yeah my shirt was ruined and I can't really be bothered to find another right now." he admitted with a small shrug, "Besides, this place is always boiling hot... I need some way to cool down right?"
Back to top Go down
Aloysius Crane

Aloysius Crane

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:54 am

Aloysius nodded her head, she just wanted to get started with this job, the sooner she started the sooner she could be finished and just have a small relax. Well...she said that now but she would never be able to relax, not while they had her sister going off hunting mushrooms in goddamn walker infested woods without her help there.

If anything happened to Charity she didn't think she could forgive the people here.

"Alright then." she stated with a nod "I got my weapon right here." Ally stated, waving her heavy wrench in the air.

When he said that he liked the smaller more secure half of a wall better, Ally nodded it was the better option she thought. It would mean they could still defend the camp a lot better without having to go outside and be put at risk.

"Good, that one will also require less metal to complete." she stated with a grin "We'd need a fuckload of cell doors to make a full wall around the whole of the prison...don't think that would be happening."

Shrugging herself when Rick explained what had happened to his tshirt, Ally merely watched as he picked up some more of her tools and placed them on his shoulder in her handy dandy duffle bag.

"Alright, seems a pretty dangerous way to cool down but, whatever." she grinned "Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:07 am

Rick chuckled a little bit when she said that she had her weapon right there with her but he couldn't fault her at all. A wrench that heavy was not going to be something to sniff at. The thing looked heavy as hell and he had no doubt in it's ability to break through the brittle bones of the human skull like a knife through an egg shell.

Smirking a little bit, he patted both his pistol and his knife to indicate that he too had his weapons should they need to use them,

"Alright then sounds like we're good to go." he agreed with a grin before nodding and moving ahead of her, "Follow me and I'll lead us in the right direction have no fears... I remember this area clearly when clearing it out. Nothing worse than psyche block Walkers... freaky things."

He chuckled a little bit when she gave yet another reason why the decision to make a half wall with a less solid top half was the best idea for it,

"And I'm guessing it just so happened to be the idea you liked the most too?" he teased her a little bit before nodding his head, "We do have hundreds we don't use but maybe they'd be better suited for sure-ing up some cars and trucks."

He laughed a little bit before shaking his head a little bit,

"You'd think so but it's actually safer in some ways. How do Walkers grab onto you most often? They grab your clothes and I've got nothing on within grabbing distance." he explained before smirking as he led her down some dark corridors, "I always did hate this area... too many corners."
Back to top Go down
Aloysius Crane

Aloysius Crane

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:19 am

Aloysius nodded her head and decided that Rick knew best where they were going so she would trust him to lead her the right way, even if he did have horrible tastes in music. It would be pretty bad to base her judgement choices on that alone, they had been shown a lot of kindness by him, it wasn't like he was just going to lock her in there and run away.

"I bet they were freaky bastards." she chuckled "There are some walkers out there that are different from the rest, you noticed that? Maybe they ain't crossed into this state yet but there is some freaky shit back home, you guys have got it alright."

There were some odd ones she had seen, even ones that had been able to run, they had been hard to escape. Some remembered how to do things, like open doors, throw stuff, use weapons. These seemed to be just like dead brained fuckers who just wanted to have some good old fashioned brains to eat.

"I just thought it was the most practical that's all." she stated with a shrug "Alright, I guess I can take a look at doing some of them when the wall is done but its gunna take me a while to finish it, the prison is a big place after all."

As they went into the rather dark maze like area of the prison, Ally didn't like this at all. It made her feel nervous even though she knew that everything had been cleared out of here, it was still playing on her mind the possibility walkers could get in here.

"You know, I'm beginning to hate it too, its just so bloody dark. Is there really any reason for it?" she asked with a growl "I just hope that we get to the block soon, its giving me the fucking creeps."
Back to top Go down
Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 am

Rick grimaced as he remembered some of the Walkers they had found in the psyche block. Some of them had been in straightjackets and they still had the intelligence to kick at them before trying to eat them. And those fuckers had kicked hard! Rick had been sent crashing to the floor before from one of those things but thankfully he had been with the others and they had helped him kick it's ass and the others in the block,

"Those things... well let's just say I'm glad that they're all dead." he told her with a chuckle before humming a little bit, "I've heard rumours about Walkers who could run and others who had weapons they'd carried when alive and just flailed around with once they were dead."

He had heard the rumours, everyone had, of the smart Walkers. The Walkers who wouldn't be stopped by a wall, they would go around the wall or find and use the door or something like that. But as of yet he had never seen Walkers that smart,

"Yeah I suppose it is." he agreed before chuckling a little bit and nodding his head, "Oh I know it'll take awhile... trust me, I've been patrolling this prison since we first moved in. If anyone is aware of just how large this place is, it's me."

Making their way through the dark corridors of this stretch of prison, Rick pulled out his knife and held it at the ready. He knew it was cleared but still his eyes searched the darkness and his ears strained for sound. But soon they turned a corner and they were in the block, torches burning with firelight all along the walls. He sighed in relief at seeing it completely empty as it should have been,

"Yeah... we didn't want to waste torches on corridors when the blocks need them the most." he explained to her before closing the doors into the block so that they weren't going to be surprised by any Walkers entering the block, "Alright we're cool here now. There's none inside here and now there's no way for them to enter... shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)   Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Build it up buttercup! (Rick and Ally)
Page 1 of 1