The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abigail Wallis

Abigail Wallis

Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Empty
PostSubject: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:28 am

Abigail had been in...well...wherever she was now for about a month and a half. She didn't know how long that was on their calendar if they kept the same one or not. What she had managed to find out though was that she was currently living in a place called 'King's Landing' and it was where all the royalty lived.

It was a foreign concept to her, because the Monarchs were mainly useless where she was from. They certainly didn't rule like this one seemed to be doing, even if he did seem to be more interested in war mongering. Despite not being from here, she did pick up a hell of a lot from talking to people on the street, most of it was probably gossip however...it must come from somewhere.

There was a tournament being held to celebrate the new 'Hand of the King'. Abigail didn't quite know what that meant but she supposed it was like an advisor. The death of the other one, something Arryn caused a great swell of gossip that never seemed to end!

Standing up opposite the rather large section devoted to the richer people, Abigail noted again just how out of place she looked in her tight dark blue denim skinny jeans, her plain cream top and her long brown leather trenchcoat which was delightfully fitted to show off her rather long gangly frame. Her boots matched her coat, brown leather - thoroughly worn and comfortable.

Another joust was about to begin and she couldn't help but notice that one man in particular looked like a bulldozer. It didn't bode well for his opponent she was sure.
Back to top Go down
The Hound

The Hound

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:38 am

The Hound had to admit that he was not enjoying this god damn tournament one bit.

His brother, he shuddered to call the creature such, stepped towards the Knight of Flowers with an evil growl and his sword held high and ready to be used on the weak little man. Cursing himself, The Hound leapt into action, parrying the blow before it could fell the effeminate man. Guiding his brother's blade to the side, The Hound kicked his brother back with a mighty boot to the gut that sent even The Mountain staggering backwards.

Of course the foolish boy took the chance to thank him for rescuing him... the damn fool didn't realise that Gregor was not finished with him just yet!

Pushing the foolish knight out of the way, The Hound cursed as his brother's blade pierced through the side of his armour to make a deep cut along his side. Growling, he stepped forwards and rammed his brother, knocking him off of his feet and onto his back. The King laughed,

"The Hound beats The Mountain! I fucking love it!" he laughed, "Cheer you fuckers, cheer!"

The crowd took his command and as Gregor stormed off in anger, The Hound undid his armour enough to look at his wound. Just doing that let a river of blood flow down his side,

"Damn it."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Wallis

Abigail Wallis

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:46 am

Abigail couldn't help but gasp in fright when one of the competetors seemed like such a sore loser that he was willing to fight the man even after the battle had been won. She didn't live in such times but even she knew that was a dishonourable thing to do! Fear coursed through her body when she saw the sword coming down onto the unsuspecting man, wasn't someone going to do something to help him? All the rich people could see, could defend with their swords what they could not with their hands!

Finally and just in time too, someone stepped forwards to take on the man who was still attacking.

Her hands clenched into fists and she bobbed on the spot watching the fight unfold, she didn't want this strange to get hurt because he had tried to be so kind and save the others life. It seemed that everything was going his way for a while until the much larger male stabbed him in the side while he was distracted.

Unable to stop her gasp of shock Abigail's hands went to her mouth as she waited for someone to go and help the man! He would lose a lot of blood and be in serious trouble if that wound got infected but there didn't seem to be anyone here...anyone going to help him.

Gritting her teeth Abigail waited a few more minutes before slipping under the barrier and making her way towards the man with her hands in the air;

"Sir?" she asked cautiously "Sir I'm a medic, you need to have that sewn and cleaned otherwise it's going to get infected. Would you mind if I took a look at that?"
Back to top Go down
The Hound

The Hound

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:01 am

The Hound tutted to himself as he poked at his cut a little bit. It was about the length of his hand which wasn't a good sign. He was going to have to cover the thing in gods damned eastern rice wine now. The alcohol in that stung like a bitch but sawbones said it was good for the healing process. Or he'd do what he walways did and ignore it.

Hadn't killed him so far.

When someone actually walked up to him he raised an eyebrow. Did this woman not know that he was The Hound? Every commoner from her to the Wall knew that he was the prince's guard and that he was a savage warrior. He looked down at his wound and pulled his tunic up enough for her to see it better,

"There." he told her before pausing, "You are a sawbones? You are one of those maesters like the grand maester on the Small council?"

He frowned slightly,

"I'll not have any leeches on my skin."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Wallis

Abigail Wallis

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:08 am

The fact that she was looking at a rather muscular torso was something that appealed to no end to Abigail however she knew that she should be working to fix the hole in that torso before anything happened to crawl its way in there that shouldn't. Smiling gently when the gruff male spoke to her, she noted that he had one of those amazingly rough voices that she couldn't help but allow appeal to herself.

Humming softly Abigail reached down to her workmans belt and took out a spool of black thread and a needle.

"Honestly sir I have no clue what either of those things are." she hummed gently "Where I come from we call ourselves medics, I have trained to heal minor wounds like these and I know how to make medicines that work, unlike those hacks that seem to run around here."

Looking around she wondered if there was somewhere else that they could go, they seemed to be holding up the proceedings here a little bit as they were standing in the middle of the jousting lane - however now that itself was broken she didn't know if they would stop for the day while they fixed it to be used tomorrow.

"Leeches?" she asked, her eyes wide and blinking "Why in God's name would anyone think leeches were sanitary? It would be easier if you were sitting or lying down sir, but if there's nowhere else to go I can do it here."
Back to top Go down
The Hound

The Hound

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:21 am

The Hound wasn't someone to go to a medical 'professional' at the best of times but this one seemed to be totally unable to comprehend her own job! He groaned a little bit but he knew that he needed to have her at least examine the wound. From the angle he was looking down at it he was unable to see if it was down to the bone or not.

Sighing a little bit, he shook his head a little bit,

"You'd do well not to insult the recipes of the grand maester, he could make life very uncomfortable for you." he informed the woman with a small smirk, "You been doing this a lot have you? I bet you've seen more than your fair share of gaping wounds since arriving in Kings Landing haven't you? A sawbones like you will never be out of work here."

He sighed a little bit before gesturing for her to follow him into the King's tent. That was the only place where there might be enough room to lay him down on a flat surface. And what the King didn't know wouldn't annoy him. He entered the tent with her following him. Throwing off an array of different daggers on a table, he laid himself down on it and relaxed as little bit,

"Sawbones tell us these things." he told her with a shrug, "We just do the bleeding and the dying... this lying down enough for you?"

He paused a little bit,

"Pass me some wine. I have a feeling this is going to be annoyingly painful."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Wallis

Abigail Wallis

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:31 am

Abigail didn't know who that was, perhaps she should get to the learning so that she didn't have a lot of trouble on her hands. It would do to get herself some friends, friends who could actually tell her what happens around here what she should say and what she shouldn't. There was one pointer in the right direction.

"Well apologies to whoever that is." she stated with a small sigh "Nobody tells me anything around here, one of the downsides to being incredibly new."

Shaking her head with a little smile on her lips as the man lay down on the table, Abigail took the needle over to the fire in the corner of the room. Holding it over the flames for a few seconds she hummed and decided that she would like to keep the conversation going between this man and herself, it was nice to have someone to speak to again.

"Nope, you are my first stab wound. I deal in more...illness, disease. Those sorts of things." she stated with a gentle smile "But don't worry I do know what I'm doing."

As she moved over to him Abigail allowed her fingers to gently run along the skin nearest the wound and she tutted, it looked like it might have infection in it already and so she took out a bottle of clear liquid from her belt pocket and dabbed it onto clean linen;

"It's not going to hurt at all." she stated with a little smirk "It will sting, I'm sure you can manage that. I'm just disinfecting it then I'll sew it up and you'll be right as rain."

After she had cleansed the wound she threaded the sterilised needle and passed the wine to the man as he had requested. Giving him warning she was going to start, Abigail began threading the stitching through his skin to close the wound. It was a big job but she had cut off more than enough thread to stitch it with.

"So, do I have the pleasure of knowing my patients name or shall you remain nameless?" she asked as she sewed to take his mind off it.
Back to top Go down
The Hound

The Hound

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:45 am

The Hound frowned a little bit.

You had to be new to the entire kingdom to not know who the Grand Maester was even in passing and not knowing anything about sawbones in general was a sign that if she was from somewhere she was from somewhere very far away. He frowned slightly at that thought. Thanks to some of their neighbours being a horde of horse lords it was wise to be wary of strangers from even stranger lands.

Of course you weren't supposed to let said strangers operate on you at all,

"You need educating." he commented bluntly, "I can get you access to the Kings library and scholars, you might need them."

He raised an eyebrow,

"You can cure sickness? You are the one the king has been hearing rumours about?" He hummed slightly before nodding, "Just as long as we're clear... if you botch this then I shall hunt you down and use your little sewing needles against you."

The Hound didn't rise to the little joke about the disinfectant... whatever that was. When she pressed the rag to him he closed his eyes for a second before growling in annoyance. That felt like eastern wine. Sighing a little bit, he watched as she began to sew his skin together again. It was an odd experience that much was for damn sure,

"They call me The Hound." he told her quietly, "I am the prince's bodyguard and one of the King's warriors. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Abigail Wallis

Abigail Wallis

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:55 am

Abigail smirked a little bit and she looked up at the man she was stitching up, he seemed to think that she didn't know much and he would be right. There were only a few things that she knew about the high ups here because she hadn't much cared about them in the end, she never thought that she would really have anything to do with them.

"Or, you could just tell me what I need to know." she grinned "A quick run down of everyone important I shouldn't talk badly about."

The one that the King had been talking about?

Oh dear that sounded ominous.

She didn't know about curing all types of sickness but she definately made it so that amputations were not needed at all, and people who died of sicknesses that could easily be remedied by rudimentary things that she could concoct were definately within her power to cure and continue on with their lives.

"Not all types of sickness. I don't have the right materials to do that just yet and even then it depends on the person but...I'm not certain I want the King to be aware of me or not...is that a good thing?" she asked with a nervous pout.

Giving a little tug on the string with a bigger pout when he threatened her Abigail finished the job and she tied the stitches so that they wouldn't go loose. To finish she placed the linen covered in disinfectant back on top and strapped it into place so that the wound would remain clean and any remaining infection would be drawn out.

"There you go. All done." she murmured softly "The stitches will need to stay in for at least two weeks, come and find me after that and I'll see how your wound is doing."

As she stood, Abigail brushed her trousers down; "Doesn't matter what they call you, I asked you for your name. Quite unusual to have a mother name you Hound. I'm Abigail, Abigail Wallis. Please try not to get yourself hacked up again."
Back to top Go down
The Hound

The Hound

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:13 am

The Hound raised an eyebrow. She seemed to be wanting him to talk but to be honest he had likely spoken more to her in the past half an hour more than he had spoken to anyone in the past year or so. He hummed slightly before deciding that no, he wasn't going to clam up like his reputation was urging him to,

"To tell you all the things you seem ignorant of in this kingdom would take more than one conversation." He teased her a little bit before shrugging, "How about a little bit about Kings Landing on it's own first? First rule of Kings Landing... trust no one."

The king had been told about some kind of sawbones doing good work down in the poorer districts but he honestly didn't give two shits. Little Finger and the Eunich seemed interested by that was about it to be honest. And Ned Starrk was too busy trying to track down the bastards of King Robert, a secret that everyone seemed to know about.

"Enough types to give the grand maester concern you'll take his job." he joked a little bit before shrugging a little bit, "An unnamed healer of ills was mentioned to the king. He has slept and drank plentifully since then. He was also probably drunk at the time as well I admit. So I doubt he honestly remembers you being mentioned."

The Hound moved a little bit as he finished sewing him back together again. He moved his arm around a few times before smirking a little bit,

"Better sewing than the ladies of Court." he congratulated her before smirking slightly, "And how will I find you then?"

He stood up from the table before shrugging a little bit,

"I wouldn't know what she wanted to name me, she died with my birth." he told her simply, "My father named my Sandor. You have done well with your craft Abigail Wallis... you should consider taking up a position in Court."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Wallis

Abigail Wallis

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:25 am

Abigail laughed happily at his teasing and she grinned at him, perhaps he wasn't as surly as his countenance would suggest at first glance, or maybe it was because he was somewhat grateful for being stitched back together again. From what she had seen of other people's work here they were shoddy and charged far too much, the base materials could be gathered from woods and such for nothing after all.

"Trust no-one, understood. If I am to trust no-one though, how am I to trust that your first rule is in fact to be believed? I guess I shall have to take that cautionary step." she smirked softly, leaning against the pole holding up the door to the tent.

The King being that drunk was most likely not a good thing but it was fine for her, she didn't really want to be pulled into the political games that were sure to be going on within that system of Court. It would seem as if the two were insuperable. Being a healer to the King seemed more likely to get her blamed than not.

At the question where could she be found, Abigail smiled gently and shrugged her shoulders;

"Maybe I should keep it mysterious like and make you find me, but then again your health is paramount to my slight mystique and so I live within the outer circle of the city, in an apartment building with a painted blue door and ivy up the left side."

Blinking Abigail felt her brow furrow softly at the fact that his mother had died, but, at least she had gotten to find out the proper name of her new gentleman friend;

"Oh God, I'm sorry to hear that."

Unable to stop a little laugh she shook her head; "After what you just said about trusting no-one? I think I'd rather stay out of the games of court if I can manage it. I'll see you again in two weeks, come to me sooner if you have any other problems okay?" Abigail decreed with a small smile, before it brightened and turned into a grin "Ta ta for now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)   Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling 999! (Abigail, Hound and Others)
Page 1 of 1