The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sid Walker

Sid Walker

Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Empty
PostSubject: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 am

Sid Walker was the town doctor and he loved his work more than he could ever admit to anyone without sounding more than a bit odd. After all, enjoying his job too much implied that he enjoyed it when people were sick or injured and that just wasn't the case! He just took a great amount of pride in his work and the work that the hospital did. It filled his heart with joy to know that they helped people and that he was the best of the best at doing so.

He was also a creature of habit.

For example, right now he was drinking his cup of coffee at the diner where he always had his cup of coffee. The hot coffee was something that soothed his nerves before and after a hard days work at the hospital. As with every cup of coffee he had at this diner, Sid left a little bit of coffee at the bottom, just in case there were any grains at the bottom of the cup.

For once though, Sid decided that he wanted another cup of coffee so he stood up from his chair to head towards the counter. He could just ask the waitress to bring him another but he liked to know that he wasn't holding people up from their work; he hated being held up by people in his own work after all.

Turning, Sid bumped into someone and the last bits of his coffee, still quite hot, splashed onto the person he had bumped into. Said person turned out to be a beautiful brown haired woman who was also carrying a coffee. Her's spilt on her a little bit too and he immediately sprang into his 'doctor' mode,

"Oh go' I din' see you ther' shela..." he told her in concern as he tried to dry her with a handkerchief, "Are you alrigh' darlin'? I'm a doct'r, does your skin feel lik' it's stingin' a bi'? Com' sit dow'..."
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Tenebrae

Evangeline Tenebrae

PostSubject: Re: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:29 am

Evangeline had decided that she was going to go to the diner in town and have a cup of coffee, after spending all day walking she felt like she needed a shock to wake herself up from the foggy state of mind that she had developed over the past few hours. It was hardly hard work but it did take a lot of focus, and so her eyes were more than a little tired.

Yawning softly as she waited in the queue to get her coffee, she was talked at by a rather enthusiastic waitress called Marylin, she was nice but she was a little nosy, wanting to know about her because she was new to the area. She had opened a new shop around here because the rent was smaller than it was in the city, and so, she was busy getting it sorted out in time for opening next week.

She was so tired and eager to get away she turned and bumped into someone behind her, before she knew it she had boiling coffee poured on her chest and Evangeline couldn't help but squeak out in pain;

"Ow ow owwwww!" she gasped, shaking her hand in the air as if that was going to help her stop burning from the scalding hot coffee, as the man who was a Doctor she was told lead her to sit down she did so at the nearest available table "Uhm thanks." Evangeline whispered, wiping herself down with the handkerchief she had been given.

"Sorry about spilling your coffee but yes I think I'm a little bit burnt." she whispered softly, she could feel her skin stinging pretty badly and it brought a few tears to her eyes "I think it's a bit of an awkward area to run under a cold tap."
Back to top Go down
Sid Walker

Sid Walker

PostSubject: Re: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:40 am

Sid had to admit that he had never seen this particular woman around and that was a little bit odd in such a small community. It was, of course, probably also a good thing seeing as he only ever tended to meet new people when they were either in need of medical assistance or accompanying people requiring said assistance. It wasn't the most reliable way of meeting new people if he was honest but Sid was devoted to his work so didn't see a lot of people outside of it.

Seeing that she had been scolded on the chest, Sid winced a little bit. That was an area especially sensitive to temperature because it was so often covered up. He helped her into the nearest seat and when Marylin wandered over he asked her to fetch the burn kit that he knew the diner had. He had used it here before on the chef after all,

"Terrib'y sorry abou' tha' shela... I'm normal'y really goo' at watc'in' wher' I'm goin' too..." he muttered a little bit quietly as he pulled out some more tissues should she need them, "Sorry abou' this Miss...?"

Taking the burn kit from Marylin he nodded a little bit to himself before gently leading the woman towards the storeroom of the diner,

"The employee toile's woul' be bes' an' they're mor' priv't." he told her as he smiled gently at her, "Don' worry, I'll jus' tell you how to bes' apply it if it's too privat' yea'?"
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Tenebrae

Evangeline Tenebrae

PostSubject: Re: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:49 am

Evangeline got herself under control enough that she was able to reassemble a coherent thought, but there was something that she needed to distract her from the pain, so, she decided to look up and down the man in front of her. He was older than she had thought at first, it was obvious that he had some hard times from the soft lines on his face but besides that he was quite handsome.

Biting her lip softly when she heard that he was actually talking to her, she hoped he hadn't noticed that she had been staring at him like she was checking him out;

"Oh please don't worry about it, I was so tired I just wasn't looking where I was going either." she stated with a soft smile on her lips, Evangeline was glad to have a doctor helping her, her skin was so sensitive, it being burnt was really going to be a pain in the butt "I'm Evangeline, Evangeline Tenebrae, pleased to meet you Doctor."

With a little wink, Evangeline stood up with a wince, picking up her bag before she followed the man into the back room. It was quiet here and she wanted to be able to apply the burn paste in private away from all the prying eyes of the diners. A new girl and she had just gotten herself a public embarrassment award. It wasn't a great start.

"I do know how to apply burn ointment." Evangeline joked with a soft smile "But a little refresher might be welcome, especially on such a large area, I'll go put it on in private afterwards."
Back to top Go down
Sid Walker

Sid Walker

PostSubject: Re: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:58 am

Sid was, surprisingly, no stranger to women checking him out when he was trying to work on them in a medical manner. It happened surprisingly often. He had always shrugged it off as something to do with the uniform but this seemed to suggest that it wasn't the uniform at all that made them want to check him out. This thought caused him to have to push his ego back down sharply, less it grow into something bigger than he could contain. He chuckled a little bit,

"Well le's jus' say tha' we're bot' sorry for wha' we did." he suggested before smiling a little bit nodding his head to her in greeting. He would have shook her hand but right now being as immobile as possible would keep the pain to a minimum, "Pleasur' to mee' ya Evangelin'. Doct'r Sid Walk'r at your servic'... now le's ge' you bac' on your fee' withou' this pesky burn."

Catching her wink, and the wince that followed, he led her to the back room. Of course he noticed that some patrons were already beginning to gossip. It was almost understandable considering how new she was to the community. He smiled a little bit when she said that she already knew how to use it,

"Well it's simpl' really, as you kno'. You jus' squiz' it onta your digi's then rub in small circles, gradually makin' bigg'r an' bigg'r circl's." he told her as he handed her the cream, "I'll be ou' her' wit' som' tissues. If you nee' any, jus' ask."
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Tenebrae

Evangeline Tenebrae

PostSubject: Re: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:09 am

Evangeline smiled brightly and nodded her head when the Doctor introduced herself to him, biting her lip she took the burn cream from him and she smiled gently, hopefully it was going to help her stop wincing every time she tried to reach out and do something. It was a terribly awkward that the first time that she met someone in this town properly and he had dumped his coffee on her.

Hopefully he was feeling as bad as she was about what had happened.

"Thank you Sid, I'll be back in a moment, you don't have to wait around you know if you have something to do then I wouldn't like to keep you from it." she stated with a happy smile on her lips, even as she turned on her heel and wandered towards the employee toilet just off the supply room at the back of the room.

A few moments later and several curse words having being flown from her mouth, Evangeline appeared outside of the toilet and made her way back to the supply room, to her relief and surprise Dr Walker was still standing there waiting for her. It was nice that he wanted to see if she was alright, Evangeline was glad she hadn't spilled coffee on him, it wouldn't do to have them both burnt.

"Uhm thanks for waiting for me, it's already feeling a bit better, I guess I should drop by the pharmacy and get some of my own." she grinned, handing the tube back "I suppose I should be letting you get back to your relaxing, sorry for you having to miss out on your relaxing to come back to work for a little bit." Evangeline joked.
Back to top Go down
Sid Walker

Sid Walker

PostSubject: Re: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:21 am

Sid had to admit that right now he was feeling pretty bad about having caused her to spill the coffee onto herself. He really hadn't meant to do that but he was glad that he was able to help her. It helped to make up for it in his mind. He smiled a little bit and shook his head,

"Yea' well if it's all the sam' to you, I'll wai' wit' you for now." he told her before smirking a little bit, "I hav' to mak' sur' you're alrigh'. Otherwis' wha' kin'a doct'r am I?"

Of course when she began to apply the cream he quickly snuck out of the storeroom to do something really quick before returning, thankfully, before she came back out of the employee toilet. When she did come out again he was glad to see that her movements were less stiff, suggesting less pain,

"Well I'm gla' tha' you feel bett'r. Don' worry, I can writ' you a not' tha'll hav' you ge' som' for free from the pharm'." he told her with a smile before chuckling a little bit and holding out a take-away coffee cup for her to take, "I ask'd wha' you wer' drinkin' befor' an' go' you anoth'r... leas' I coul' do."

With that little embaressing part out of the way, he smiled a little bit as he led her back out of the storeroom. They weren't technically supposed to be there after all. As they walked back into the diner itself he chuckled a little bit,

"I hop' tha' our nex' meetin' won' be quit' as painf'l Evangelin'." he teased her a little bit before grinning, "You're new righ'? Welcom' to our tow', sorry if I gav' you a ba' firs' impress'n."
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Tenebrae

Evangeline Tenebrae

PostSubject: Re: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:33 am

Evangeline couldn't help but smile broadly when she heard and saw that Sid had bought her a new cup of coffee, it was just what she needed and she was sure that she was going to be able to finish off writing the books that she had been working on before she had come out. Taking a little sip she sighed softly and relaxed her shoulders, that had been hunched a little in tension and pain.

"That's so kind of you thank you Dr Walker." she smiled gently "I'll make sure that I get myself better in no time at all, and thank you for the coffee, I think I should get coffee dumped on me more often if this is the kindness I get when it happens."

Grinning up at him Evangeline cradled the cup of coffee in her hands as she wandered through to the front of the shop again, she was sure that she would have more friends here when her business had opened up in the next week or so. Continuing to sip at her coffee she smiled lightly as Sid spoke, there would be a next meeting?

It would be nice to have another friend here, that was for sure.

"I hope so too, but I would be happy to see you again if the occasion arises." Evangeline admitted with a soft smile "Yes I'm new, oh no no, you gave a very good impression because you were so nice and kind to me, better than anything that would have happened in the city."

Slowly she made her way towards the door, back towards the dark dreary world of her accountants;

"I'm opening a new milkshake and smoothie shop next week." Evangeline grinned "Maybe I'll see you there sometime, I might even give you one on the house. I'll see you around then, Dr. Walker, thank you again." with a small nod she made her way out of the diner and back towards her apartment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)   Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bumping into you (Sid and Evangeline)
Page 1 of 1