The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway

No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori) Empty
PostSubject: No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori)   No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:43 am

Edward had been happy enough to work as a member of Shiori's crew for a few weeks to pay her back for getting him off the damned island. They were at sea right now, sailing towards the, admittedly, rather distant port of Havana.

It would take them at least another day to arrive and you know what? Working under the mast was thirsty work! And when he had asked for something to wet his whistle he had been given... lime juice.

Now as an educated ('educated') former British sailor he knew that limes and the like were needed in the diet of a sailor. They stopped scurvy and that was something he greatly appreciated. He did not, however, appreciate being told that he was only allowed to drink the sour juice.

There was no rum.

What kind of a pirate and trading vessel was this if it didn't have even a single flask of the stuff? Even when he checked the hold he had found nothing. Oh sure he had found some Japanese rice wine but one sniff told him that the stuff was too strong to work with.

He knocked on the captain's door,

"Captain Shiori, it's Edward Kenway." he told her through the door, "We need to have a chat."
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

PostSubject: Re: No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori)   No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:17 am

Shiori was currently working on her new puzzle ball within her quarters in the Lotus. She had been under the ships wheel for a long while and she wanted to have a small rest so that she could recover her strength and be ready to take over again in a few hours time. Captains didn't have to man the wheel at all times after all. Or at least, in her mind they didn't.

Sipping on some of the black leaf tea that she had brewed for herself she sighed happily, there was nothing better than the thought of all the money that they would make on their voyage and technically they weren't pirates. Technically. The countries here didn't know they had stolen most of the loot they were selling on.

Ah the benefits of cross world trading. Most countries didn't much care about each others affairs, especially if they were too far away to be of any use.

Hearing the knock on her door, Shiori frowned gently and wondered what Kenway would want to talk to her about, there was little for them to talk about now that he had settled into his work here on the Lotus. He would sail with them until she decided he had paid his debts and then he would be free to go about on his own.

"Come in." she instructed, placing the puzzle ball down on its stand now that it was completed and waited for Kenway to enter.

When he did she stood up and clasped her hands behind her back; "What is it that you need to talk to me about?"
Back to top Go down
Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway

PostSubject: Re: No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori)   No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:26 am

Edward entered the cabin at her request to enter and glanced around. It seemed she was doing that thing she did. Where she would put her brain to use in ways he could not and make up a puzzle for herself or sale with some ivory. He was no lower than the next man when it came to solving puzzles but actually making them?

Yeah he would leave that to the people with the time, inclination and ability.

He frowned a little bit but closed the door behind him. There was no need to be rude now was there? And besides, this might end up turning more serious,

"So I asked for a drink on duty and was given lime juice." He told her before frowning with narrowed eyes, "I eat at least three limes a day. I don't want lime juice... I want rum. Like any other British sailor for the past three hundred years or so."

He raised an eyebrow,

"And we need to talk about it." He told her with a frown, "You've been shying away from putting a date on it... but you have to now. When can I leave?"
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

PostSubject: Re: No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori)   No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:34 am

Shiori raised an eyebrow when he complained about getting lime juice on duty to drink, and she couldn't help but be...offended. He had been with them for a good few weeks on the ship, but that should not lessen the fact that without her, and without the crew he would be dead on an isolated island with no hope of getting his ship back in a long while.

He was refusing and complaining about her hospitality. It rubbed her the wrong way.

"Yes that is what my people drink. I do not tolerate drunken states while my crew are working, you should be familiar with that concept by now." she stated looking at Kenway with a soft frown on her features, it was rather a confused frown tinged with hurt "We do not stock rum on this ship so you may not have what we do not have ourselves. Since my current hospitality is not good enough for the great and mighty Kenway, you may have a measure of the rice wine we have below."

Gritting her teeth Shiori clenched her firsts before calming back down again, letting them relax and curl out of themselves;

"When your debt to me is paid! A life for a life Kenway, when you save my life, then you can leave. That is my custom. My countries way however I can see that such honour is not kept amongst the people of the West. Leave whenever you please, I want no person such as you in my crew. You would think I treat you badly, are you not fed? Are you not watered? Are you not alive and cared for? Yet you are so quick to throw my hospitality back in my face!"

Sitting down at her desk Shiori sighed and placed her head in her hands, before taking a sip at my tea; "My patience has limits Kenway, while on this ship you are still my crew. See to it you behave until we reach Havana, then do what you please with yourself."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori)   No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No rum? Not any?! (Edward and Shiori)
Page 1 of 1