The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Governor

The Governor

Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Empty
PostSubject: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 am

The Governor was a man of cold, hard, facts.

Before all this happened this single trait had been why people tended to be wary of him and now that the world had gone to hell in a hand-basket it was why they flocked to him. He was here and he was ready to make the hard decisions so that they didn't have to. Sure they bitched about him behind his back about everything from the smallest of annoyances to the biggest problems.

Honestly he got kind of sick of people asking why they only had baths and no showers.

If people knew the trouble he had had getting the baths and their water tanks working again they'd be amazed. But he did most of these things, most of the things that kept their little settlement going, with the help of extraordinary people with skills that in areas that he either couldn't match or had no possible way of matching. So he tried to keep a hold of as many skilled people as he could when they visited.

Like Aubrey.

Aubrey was a baker and a damned good one if her cupcakes were anything to go by. And she was a damned better cook than anyone else that they had available. And right now the food was still being rationed until he was sure the town had a massive supply and a way to replenish them themselves. So right now they worked on a canteen system for meals and he could definately use Aubrey to be the baker and the head chef in the five-star kitchen of the hotel she was currently staying in.

It'd be just like Hell's Kitchen, except without some swearing Brit guy.

Sighing happily as he tasted the cupcake that Aubrey had made for him, he waited for her to arrive. He was waiting in his officer, looking over some scouting reports from his men. It was troubling that the Prison was so infested but there was nothing he could do about it. He sipped his coffee as he nibbled on the cupcake.
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:54 am

Aubrey had a really really hard time prying herself away from Merle, he seemed to have wanted her to stay in bed with him all day! Of course she knew that she couldn't because the Governor had asked to speak to her in his office, wondering what it was about, she had decided that she would come along and see if there was going to be anything that she could help with in return for her stay in the hotel. She did feel really guilty about staying there and not paying anything.

Never since the world had gone bad had she been this happy, she was with Merle in such a safe and tranquil place, what else could be better? That and the fact that she could have a Starbuck's whenever she wanted now that she was staying in Woodbury.

Although she got a little bit lost on her way to his house, Aubrey eventually did find it with the help of some begruding lady who seemed to glare at her for no apparent reason, she hoped that it wasn't going to always be like this when it came to trying to make friends but, Aubrey found a man who was more than willing to show her the way having overheard her question.

Thanking him, and handing him a cupcake from her little basket she was carrying with her Aubrey knocked on the door to the Governors house, before entering and going up to what seemed like his study, where she knocked again seeing that this door was closed whereas the other one hadn't been. Perhaps his office was more personal than the rest of the building? Most likely.

"Uhm, Philip it's me Aubrey, you wanted to see me?" she asked through the door, waiting for him to open it.
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:03 am

The Governor had been thinking about some bandit patrols that had been skirting the edge of the wall to the east more frequently. Most of the people in the patrosl were more in awe of the high walls and seemingly prosperous town than hostile. He had no doubt that in time they would be seeing a surge of people wanting to join the settlement from the east. With that in mind he smiled a little bit. Anything to keep his dream of Woodbury alive was alright by him.

Hearing the knock on his door, The Governor stood from the seat behind hi desk and opened the door to her with a happy little smile,

"Aubrey Kipling." he greeted her brightly before stepping aside to open the door fully. He gestured for her to come inside with a wave of his hand, "Do please come inside Aubrey! I'd like to have a little chat about what you think about Woodbury."

Once she was inside the room he closed the door before moving over to the window and opening it up enough to allow a gentle summer breeze roll in through the gap. Sighing happily at the little relief from the hot weather they were having, he poured her a glass of ice water with a smile before pouring one for himself. Sitting himself back down behind his desk, he gestured for her to sit across the desk from him as he sipped his water,

"I've been hearing such good things about your cupcakes... that I had to try one." he held up the half-eaten cupcake with a little chuckle, "I must say they taste absolutely amazing. Everyone who's had one has said exactly the same thing. Although some have asked about your skills regarding muffins as well."

Chuckling a little bit, he finished eating the cupcake that he had been given from the batch yesterday. As he finished it, he smiled warmly at her,

"Aubrey... what do you think about Woodbury?" he asked her quietly, feeling a little bit sensative, "I've put my heart and soul into this place, I'd appreciate it if I could have your honest opinion of the place."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:15 am

Aubrey grinned happily when she saw Philip opening the door and looking so happy, she was relieved she thought that she was brought here because she had done something bad, like maybe used too much water or not paid for something when she was supposed to, because to be honest she didn't really have anything to pay for things with...all of her things were still at the little cabin that Merle and her had shared.

Hearing what he had called her hear for, Aubrey sighed softly and her shoulders relaxed, so it definately wasn't something bad then. That made her more relaxed and probably far more likely to be useful to the conversation.

"Oh, well I had actually brought you another one today, I put the mix in one of the fridges so I could make some more today." she grinned softly, placing her basket on the floor before picking out the little cupcake she had made for Philip, it had a smiley face put on it with little silver ballbearings "I thought you might like it, and I wasn't sure if you had one before."

Blushing softly when she heard that he liked the cupcakes Aubrey grinned again and tucked some of her hair behind her ear; "Well thank you, I was worried I was a little rusty but everyone seems to have liked them."

As she came to sit down in the chair opposite the Governor's desk, Aubrey tucked her leg behind the other and clasped her hands on her knee, excited to begin talking about Woodbury because she really did love the place, she would be sad to leave it soon, but she hoped that they would be able to remain friends even though they weren't living together.

"Honestly?" she asked with a peaceful smile "I feel completely safe here, and, after what I've been through it's such a strange feeling but...I can almost forget about the world outside these walls and have a life without worrying about zombies and have a day without fighting for my life. You've made something really great Philip, everyone here is so lucky."
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:29 am

The Governor could tell that she thought she was in trouble before he opened the door. It was kind of cute to be honest with himself. She was like a little schoolgril who, while knowing that she hadn't done anything wrong, would still get nervous when she was asked to come to the principles office. It was rather endearing he had to say. His idea of her being the nervous A-student who got called to the teacher's office was only strengthened when she sighed in relief at his attitude. He smiled brightly at her,

"You brought me another one? Oh Aubrey, you'll spoil me rotten I have no doubt about that." he teased her light-heartedly. He accepted the cupcake gratefully and almost dropped it when he saw it. Instead he held it tenderly to him, tears pricking at his eyes in happiness, "It... it looks like one my daughter made me years ago for my birthday. I had... honestly forgotten about that until you showed me this... thank you Aubrey."

He placed the cupcake carefully on the desk as he wiped his eyes clear of the unspilt tears of happiness. He smiled happily just looking at the cupcake. It was amazing to think that a stranger could make him feel so happy about his daughter again... he turned to her with a wider smile, "If your skills are rusty then you must be almost god-like when you're well practiced."

Watching her sit down, he grinned a little bit. It looked like she was sitting down as if for some serious type of interview, like for a job of something. It was yet another little bit of cuteness that was rather endearing her to him,

"Well I'm glad that the walls and my men can make you feel safe. That's all the men on guard focus on; the safety of the people here." he told her happily before his cheeks flushed slightly at the praise, "Ah well a lot of good people have helped make this town what it is today and what it will be in time. A lot of skilled people... like yourself. Your baking and cooking skills would be a major help to all the people here in the town, if only so starbucks can go back to selling expensive pastries."

That last bit was a little joke but the offer was not, "Aubrey... I'd like to ask you how you'd feel about staying here, living and working in Woodbury with us. Being part of a community that cares and trusts one another."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:38 am

Aubrey, honestly, was more than a little bit worried when she saw that Philip was tearing up and she wondered why he was, did he not like the cupcake or was he allergic or something? That couldn't be it because he had some of the other one she had made which was done with the same mix. Although when she heard what was wrong, she bit her lip and nodded her head, she understood now, he had lost someone , not just anyone but his daughter!

"Well you're welcome." she smiled softly "I was a little worried when you looked so upset, I thought I might have done something wrong! But...I'm sorry to hear about that." Aubrey whispered in relation to the idea that his daughter was no longer with him, what a horrible thing to have to go through.

Giggling a little bit when Philip told her that her skills must be almost godlike when she was at her peak, to be honest she was normally just a lot faster at making them and she had more supplies at hand, it had felt amazing to get into a kitchen again though, and she really had loved baking and cooking once more. It was surprising just how many ingredients they had!

"Oh well I doubt that, I think I just had more ingredients and things before all this happened, and I made them with those fantastic big tops of icing." she stated with a fond smiel "I even made Seasame Street ones."

When she saw that she had made him blush with her praise, Aubrey merely smiled serenely up at the Governor, she was glad that he was accepting of the praise though because he really deserved it, for leading his people to create such an awesome place to live. Aubrey's smile grew a little when she heard that he thought her skills could help them as well, and then came the question she thought would be asked;

"W-well...I would like to stay but I don't think that Merle is too keen on the idea, I don't want to force him to, and we've been through so much I can't just leave him." she stated with a troubled expression and a small pout "So I don't think I'm going to be able to stay."
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 am

The Governor smiled at her even through the tears that were threatening to break out and roll down his cheeks. In the end he didn't cry and he was able to bring his happiness down to a level that actually allowed him to speak. That was useful he had to admit. Chuckling a little bit, he smirked slightly when she commented on being worried about him. Wasn't she just getting cuter by the minute? In the end he just smiled at her happily,

"No, you've done nothing wrong so don't look so nervous." he teased her lightly before holding the cupcake up. Putting it back down on the desk, he grinned a little bit wider, "I hope you don't mind if I keep it and don't eat it? I'll just keep it as a reminder of sorts if that's alright with you."

Her little giggle was rather infectious and The Governor actually found himself chuckling along with her. He had no doubt that she would be even better and even faster with her baking and cooking once she was really aware of where all the things were in the kitchen. If she got better knowledge of the place he knew that she would be doing even better,

"Ah so you'd like some more ingredients in order to do some big top cakes?" he asked with a grin, "Well if you'd like I can put in the request to the scavenger teams that we're sending out... to see if there's anything baking goods they can supply you with."

The Governor had been told time and time again that he was doing a good job with Woodbury so why was it that her praise of his handling of the stiatuation make him flush when no one else managed to inspire such a reaction? He tried to put it out of his mind but he knew it would remain for awhile,

"Are you sure Merle wouldn't want to stay?" he asked, getting a little bit panicked on the inside. People were already beginning to think she was part of Woodbury. If she left they would question everyone in Woodbury as to whether or not they wanted to stay, "There are a lot of positions here that I think Merle would really enjoy... we need a captain of the guard for one thing... and a Lead Scout to help organise tracking of animals for food and such..."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:02 am

Aubrey smiled softly, and nodded her head, she understood that he would want to keep it and not eat it, and so she picked up the cupcake she was going to eat herself and put it on the desk next to the one she had given him before, she thought that he should at least get one of her fresh ones to eat, so if he wasn't going to eat his special one, he could have another.

"Here you can have this one instead, I want you to have a fresh one so, you can have two, just don't tell anyone else because they might get jealous." she laughed softly, with a little cheeky wink.

With a small pout Aubrey shook her head, there was no way they could find the thing that she needed because the thing that she needed was not anywhere right about now, because it needed to be made fresh, and as far as she knew, nobody really knew how to make it any more;

"I don't think they'll be able to find the thing that I need to make the icing with, I need fresh butter to make the butter icing and I don't think anywhere will have any that's still in date or useable." she elaborated, still pouting before she brightened up "But thank you very much for your help anyway, I'll be sure to ask if I do need anything while I'm here."

Philip seemed really calm when he asked her if Merle really didn't want to stay, in fact, she knew he didn't want to say because he had all but told her on several occassions, although she was so happy with the place, he wasn't. It wasn't because of what it was, it was because of who was running it she thought. Biting her lip a little she shrugged her shoulders;

"I'm sorry but I don't really know, maybe if you talked to him about it he might reconsider?" she suggested "You can play to his macho side I know it, but he's a big softie really, I think he's just looking out for me, there are so many new people here, so many people he doesn't trust yet." Aubrey elaborated.
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:13 am

The Governor blinked a little bit when she placed a second cupcake down in front of him before he smiled at her. It was just what he had come to expect from her in their short time together, she was kind to a fault and all the while cute about it. Taking the cupcake with a happily little smile, he broke it in half before offering her half of the cupcake with a little grin,

"Well I'll certainly love this fresh one but only if you share it with me... I'm pretty sure that this was your one." he told her with a little chuckle before smirking a little bit, "Ah but surely being The Governor gets me the perk of one and a half cupcakes?"

When she pouted like that The Governor could hardly resist the sudden urge to reach out and touch her little pouting lips with a soft finger. He grinned a little bit when she mentioned butter. Now making butter was something that The Governor was VERY proud of. He grinned wider,

"Actually Woodbury has the capability to make butter." he told her with a grin, "We have a couple of cows, more soon if the scout reports are right, and we have some members of an old historical society who've managed to make some tasty butter using a churner."

The Governor didn't want to let Aubrey slip through his fingers. It took him only a few seconds to realise that he meant not just in a practical sense. She was... she made him feel... different. He decided in the privacy of his own mind, where there was no embarrassment. She made him feel like he was allowed to be a person again and not just a leader,

"Well if you want to stay then I'm sure I can appeal to him someway to agree to stay here." he told her with a happy little grin, "And once I do I'd like to give you your own bakery and perhaps a restaurant with some helpers if you'd like! You could be like that British chef... you know the one... swore a lot... but you know, cute and nice instead."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:27 am

Aubrey smiled softly and she took the cupcake, it was really nice of him to give her some of his cupcake she was really happy that she got to have a bit of some, she had been handing them out left right and center, it didn't help of course that Merle had stuffed himself with at least three. Although it was quite sweet, and because it was Merle she left the subject be, and didn't tell him off for taking them.

"Thanks Philip." she smiled shyly as she licked the little bit of sugar icing off the top of the cupcake, getting a little bit on her nose as she did so, but not noticing "Of course, I think after bringing about all of this you can happily get one and a half of my cupcakes, maybe even get the bigger one out of the next batch!"

Blinking in awe when he said that he had the capacity to make butter, Aubrey smiled brightly and she laughed happily at the idea that he could do even that;

"Is there nothing that you can't do?" Aubrey asked with a little grin on her lips "You really are magic, I would be silly to leave a place like this, I just hope that Merle realises just how good it is here and agrees to stay with me too. He should do though, if you bribe him with a big enough reserve of Southern Comfort."

When she heard that Philip was going to give her her own restaurant or a bakery if she stayed Aubrey bit her lip and she blushed a little bit, he was being so nice to her, did he really want her to stay that badly, and if he did, why did he want her to stay so badly? Surely cooking that wasn't big a skill, although she was a pretty good fighter when push came to shove.

"I would love to have a little bakery, it was what I was hoping to open only slightly less concentrated on cupcakes." she grinned "But you know, you don't have to be so nice, I would be happy to help with anything that you already have going, instead of making something new just for me." Aubrey blushed again, at the thought.
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:42 am

The Governor smiled a little bit when she accepted the piece of cupcake that he had offered her. To be honest he had a feeling she hadn't tasted any of her own cupcakes. She struck him as the kind of person who was so kind and so giving that they would give all that they could to others and not think to save anything for themselves. In this case he was reasonably sure she had given out dozens of cupcakes and had maybe about one,

"Well I'd certainly appreciate the bigger one from the next patch I have to admit but there's just one problem I'm afraid..." his voice turned seriously before he reached out and wiped the icing on her nose onto his finger, smiking as he licked the icing off, "You had icing on your nose."

He was indeed very proud of the fact that his town had both milk and butter. All they needed now was a way to make decent cheese and they were all set. He smirked a little bit and shook his head,

"I can't fish to save my life." he joked a little bit, knowing that he actually couldn't fish very well at all. He grinned a little bit, "Well I hope that we can both convince him that it would be silly to leave Woodbury. After all, if he stays then you stay. And I am really looking forward to being able to see you every day... you'll brighten up my day for sure!"

The Governor could see that his offer was something that she felt that she could get behind and he grinned a little bit. He wanted her to stay for both practical reasons and for personal reasons that were growing stronger and ever more confusing to him if he was honest. He smiled a little bit wider,

"Well there's an existing bakery shop that we're currently not using, we can clean it up and get it back up to scratch. Wouldn't take more than a day before you'd have your very own bakery." he told her with a grin before smirking a little bit. Her comment stirred some other feelings that were emerging... mainly because of the close proximity of a beautiful woman who he was beginning to examine in a new light. He swallowed a lump in his throat before smirking and looking in her eyes, "I'm sure there will be positions that you can fil to help me... and help the town, of course."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 am

Aubrey blushed a little bit when she saw Philip going to touch her and she almost flinched for a second before he took the icing off her nose and licked it from his fingers, blushing even more she quickly checked the rest of her face to make sure that she didn't have any more icing, and she didn't. Sighing sofly in relief she laughed and rubbed the back of her head with a bashful expression;

"Thanks, I guess I was just so eager to start eating, I can be so messy sometimes!" she exclaimed with a happy grin on her lips "I have to say they're pretty good cupcakes right there..."

When he said that he couldn't fish to save his life, Aubrey was a little surprised, he seemed like the type of guy who would fish for leisure before all of this happened, although it seemed that she was wrong. Philip gave off that air of power and to be honest it was a little intoxicating when she thought about him in a romantic aspect, although, she quickly stopped thinking of him that way.

"That makes two of us then." she winked, sticking her tongue out "I'll look forwards to getting to know you better, you don't seem at all to be like the person I think you are, it's really intriguing I have to say, you'll have to let me in a little bit." Aubrey joked with a small laugh.

Hearing about the bakery they already had, Aubrey grinned and she was already so excited, she would love to get stuck into something like that, it would keep her busy and give the Governor a chance to talk to Merle, because Aubrey had her heart set on staying in Woodbury, and learning more about the mysterious Governor. Although, her heart jumped a little when he spoke to her about positions she could fill to help in, well, that sounded dirty.

"I would be more than happy to clean it up myself, at least as payment for the hotel and food if we end up not staying, it would help keep me busy too, and, if you do think of anything else," she added with a blush "Then let me know."
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:24 am

The Governor raised an eyrbow when she sort-of flinched away from him when he went to touch her nose, like she hadn't really wanted him to touch her at all. But she was blushing heathily and he was certain that she was liking the way that the conversation was going. Or maybe he had gotten that wrong? He really hoped not because he was having fun with her. He smirked a little bit,

"Oh don't worry about it, I can understand being eager for these cupcakes." he told her with a little grin before it grew at her words, "Oh they're the best cupcakes I've ever tasted."

He recognised the surprise in her features when he admitted to her that he couldn't fish to save his life. He really was a terrible fisherman. But what it helped him to realise was that he knew very little about her and she knew very little about him,

"Yes well insurance salesmen don't tend to get much chance to fish so I never got much better." he admitted to her before sipping his water, "What did you do before all the Walkers? What were you doing with your life young lady? Hopefully not wasting it by selling people insurance."

He could see that she was excited about the bakery idea but she was also rather excited about the dirty little comment he had made. When she offered to clean it up herself as a method of payment he tutted a little bit and reached out to touch a finger to her lips to stop her. He smiled brightly at her,

"You don't have to pay me back for anything Aubrey, I like you and I want to take care of you." he assured her happily before grinning a little bit, "I will let you know. So did you ever think you'd own a bakery? Ever enter you head at all?"
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:37 am

More than a little shocked when she heard that revelation about the Governor, Aubrey smiled softly and couldn't help but express her shock;

"You were a car insurance salesman?" she asked with a small smile "I honestly never had you pegged down as that you seem like you should be doing something much more important, I would have thought you were an entrepeneur or something like that, a big business man. Although I never have been good juding other people's characters."

Aubrey smiled happily when he asked her a little bit about herself, she liked the way that he wanted to get to know her, it meant that he was going to want to become friends or maybe even more than that. Wondering where she should start in her big life story, Aubrey put her finger on her lips as she hummed, she supposed she should start with what she was actually doing at the time before she had to leave college because of all of this zombie crap.

"Well I was studying at Atlanta College, I was actually in my second year of a law degree. You wouldn't think I was such a smart cookie from looking at me would you?" she asked with a cheeky grin "But yes I really enjoyed my time studying at the university, it is such a shame I didn't manage to finish my course, but I luckily remember so much of the things I studied for my exams."

Unable to stop herself from blushing bright red, which was a stunning contrast to her blue hair, when the Governor pressed his finger to her lips, Aubrey felt a stab of excitement run through her. Wow, he really was kind of sexy when he spoke like that to her. No! He was much older than her and he was probably not interested in her like that at all, he had much more mature women to...consider.

"B-but I feel bad about it Govenor." she whispered softly, her lips moving against his finger, before she moved her face so it rested on her cheek "Actually I was thinking of making my own little cupcake shop to get me funds for through University, I had the plans made up and everything."
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:54 am

The Governor laughed a little bit when she stated her shock that he was an Insurance man. He had told a few people and they had all been rather shocked too. He must cut a better figure as a leader of men and women than as an office worker,

"Well sometimes care insurance yes but often home insurance and life insurance as well. The company wasn't too fussy when it came to insurnace." he admitted with a chuckle before smirking a little bit and shaking his head, "No I was just a plain old officer worker... wanted to be a teacher when I was younger but I failed my exams in college so that went out the window."

As he sipped at his water, he listened intently to every word that she said. He honestly wanted to know more about the woman who was quickly captivating all of his thoughts. He smirked a little bit when she began to tell him what she had done before all this. This naive and innocent baker had been studying law huh? Now that was a bit of a shock,

"Well I'd have said you were smart but I never would have pegged you as a law student... you seem much too happy to be studying murder trails and the like." he admitted before chuckling a little bit when she commented on not being able to finish the course itself, "Well hell Aubrey, even that much law degree under your belt would automatically make you the judge if our fair town ever required one."

The massive blush made The Governor grin a little bit to himself even though his own cheeks flushed slightly at the sight. She looked really good when she blushed. He could also see how her eyes moved to his body before making their way back to look into his own eyes. He grinned a little bit when her lips moved against his finger,

"Well what will it take for you not to feel bad about it?" he asked with a little grin, stroking her cheeck absently with his finger as he spoke, "You were going to open up your own business to get through your degree? Wow now that's dedication... did you want to be a lawyer or a judge?"
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:04 am

Aubrey was fascinated when she was learning more about the Governor, he was a very mysterious man and he really didn't seem to be anything like she thought he would have been from looking at him, although she could definately picture him being the rather sexy lecturer that you had for one of your seminar classes. She would have made sure to swot up for his lesson she thought with a little blush, and shy smile on her lips. Oh come off it Aubrey, she scolded herself, youre acting like a teenage girl.

"I could imagine you being a really good, but strict lecturer Governor, did you want to teach higher education or grade school? You failed your exams?" she asked with a small frown "Oh dear, that mustn't have been an easy time, my parents were always so strict about school I didn't have a chance of failing my exams, otherwise I don't know what they would have done." Aubrey joked softly.

When Philip said that she didn't seem to be the type, Aubrey grinned, everyone said that when she told them, in fact when she told Merle he had spit out the beer he was drinking. Aubrey could remember lots of facts in great detail and had the ability to make cool and calm decisions when it was needed but, after the world went to hell there wasn't much call for that, seeing as she would never be a leader of a group, even a mini group.

"I'd be more than happy to preside." Aubrey giggled "As long as you got me one of those powdered wigs, a lady must look the part don't you know? But...I have always been vaguely fascinated by murder cases in particular, they are really very legally intruging and of course, some of the details are plain thrilling, it's like reading a murder mystery novel!" She joked.

Although Aubrey was the main focus of the conversation, it felt good to talk about herself for once, it really was nice to have a good conversation with someone again;

"I wanted to be a lawyer, kind of like my brother. He inspired me." she admitted with a little grin "What made you want to be a teacher?"
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 am

The Governor didn't often tell people what it was that he actually did before the outbreak, he found it easier for people to respect and look up to him if they just thought of him as The Governor of Woodbury. Sure it kind of isolated him from the rest of the community but maybe it was better that way. Maybe the leader needed to be someone out of reach, if only so people would be able to respect the authority. He chuckled a little bit and smirked,

"Really? Well that's kind of you to say. I wanted to be a higher education teacher, perhaps high school but maybe even college level. The exams... well I kind of crashed my car. Threw my back out of whack and I couldn't sit upright properly for ages... Hampened revision." he admitted sheepishly before smirking a little bit, "Well mine would have had the same problem I suppose."

He imagined that she got that a lot but he should have known better than to comment on it he supposed. After all, a heck of a lot of people thought that he wasn't the type to be an insurance salesman. Of course they said that now. He probably did look the part before he had to harden up for the Walkers and the consequences of the outbreak,

"I'm not sure I can find you the wing... besides, it'd be a crime to cover up your beautiful blue hair." he countered with a little grin before laughing a little bit at her joke about the murder trials, "Okay thats a little bit freaky to hear. If it's like a murder mystery... does that mean that the butler did it most times?"

When she said she wanted to be a lawyer, like her brother, he smiled happily. That was actually something he could relate to,

"Funnily enough I wanted to be like my brother." he admitted with a little chuckle, "He was a lecutrer over at Aizona state university. Kind of got me into the whole teaching thing."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:32 am

Aubrey blinked a little bit and stared at the Governor when he told her that he had crashed his car she didn't know how she felt about that because it was in the past and it didn't affect him now, although she was still irrationally a little bit worried to hear something like that had happened to him. It was kind of funny though the fact that he was now selling insurance, including car and health insurance!

"Well I guess thats a little bit ironic considering that you now sell insurance for a living after being in a car accident but...you couldn't have just stayed behind a year to resit?" she asked with a small pout "I hate to think that you lost out on your dreams like that...if you'd like, you can always teach me how to do something, I'm a college kid still so it's close enough right?"

Hopefully she wouldn't hurt Philip with that statement, it wasn't ment to offend and the bright breezy smile she said it with showed that. With a little blush she ran her hands through her blue hair, her roots were growing through now and she was a little embarrassed about it;

"I need to find some more blue hair dye, my roots are coming through! You don't happen to have any of that in your magical Woodbury? If not Im going to have to make a run..." she mused, before pouting as she heard the Governor say that what she had said was freaky "Hey! I find killers psych-profiles very interesting to read, it's not much different from reading murder mystery novels except these cases are real, much more interesting than reading up on divorce settlements."

Making a small sound of realisation Aubrey grinned happily up at Philip; "I guess that makes us two peas in a pod the way we wanted to take after our family like that."
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:45 am

The Governor could tell that she was beginning to get a little bit distressed about the car accident that he had been in back during his college days. It was rather cute that she was worried about him despite the fact that the accident had happened a long time ago and he suffered no long-term injuries or conditions from it at all, lucky as he was,

"Oh yeah just a little bit ironic. As for resitting... well I hadn't been enjoying my course. My main lecturer was a complete ass." he admitted with a little laugh before grinning a little bit, "Well if you'd be that kind then I'm sure I can find something to teach you."

He could tell that she hadn't meant to offend him so he didn't take any offence at all from it, just like she wanted he was sure. Seeing her running her hands through her hair revealed her roots a little bit and he couldn't help but grin a little bit,

"Ah so I guess it wasn't natural at all then... the children will be disappointed. I'm afraid it wasn't highest on our list but I'll make sure to include it." he teased her a little bit before shaking his head a little bit with a little smirk, "Okay, I suppose everyone has a different kind of bed-time reading. I preferred to get my horror from Stephen King though."

Smiling a little bit, he leant forwards, closer to her, on his elbows a little bit. He enjoyed how he was better able to look into her eyes when positioned like this,

"I guess it does indeed make us rather similar like that." he agreed with a little smirk, "I'd ask what type of music you like but seems kind of redundant at the moment. So instead I'll ask where you're from originally."
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:54 am

Aubrey knew the feeling one of the lecturers she had was a right creep, and she had been in a tutorial with him so she was almost one on one, some weeks she was when the other people hadn't bothered to turn up. He was the sort of guy that made you feel dirty just by looking at you. He gave her the creeps, and she had been really really relieved when that semester had ended and she could move course options.

"Yeah I know the feeling, one of my lecturers was a complete pervert, kept picking cases about sexual relations between different sorts of people...it was so so weird!" she stated, sticking out her tongue in disgust at the memories that it conjured up "I'm sure you'll be a much better teacher than he ever was, then again, it's not hard!" Aubrey sighed as she shrugged her shoulders.

Laughing heartily she shook her head, really they had thought that it was natural? What an odd thing to think! Although it was more than slightly cute when she thought about it. Nobody had ever really thought to ask he what her original hair colour was and she didn't offer the information gladly, she was teased a lot about it at school and through High School especially.

"No it isn't, my hair is actually black so it took a lot of bleach to get it to be died blue." she smiled softly "You know I don't mind going out to get my own things Governor, I can do it myself, it's not right to have other people go out and risk their lives to get something for me while I sit here on my ass, I can do it."

When he leant closer to her, Aubrey blushed and she found herself gazing into his eyes, they were very fine eyes and in fact a very fine face altogether, but she blushed softly and decided she would look away, rather embarrassed;

"I'm actually from Tallahassee originally, so, I'm from where the real zombie ass kickers are born and raised." she joked with a little giggle "What about you, are you an Atlanta man?"
Back to top Go down
The Governor

The Governor

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:03 am

The Governor had never really made a lot of friends at the college, preferring to spend his time with either his girlfriend or just studying the hardest that he could. The reason why he had hated college enough not to go back was because, at some point, everyone began to hate him. There wasn't any warning or any reason, to him, they just went from indifferent to hostile,

"Okay... that's creepy as hell I have to admit. If it helps, he was probably compensating for something by flirting so openly. If a man wants a woman he is much more sublte about it." he told her with a smirk before turning to her and looking in her eyes, "He maintains eye contact a lot... he talks about her past with her... he looks for any opportunity to reach out and touch her... See what I mean?"

He had deliberately told her the ways to spot how a man wanted a woman in relation to his growing desire for her especially. The kids had been a little bit silly with their guesses that blue had been her natural hair colour. Honestly, the kids must have watched way too much of that japanese cartoon stuff. There was no way that blue was natural. When she told him that her hair was black he raised an eyebrow with a smile at the thought of her with black hair,

"Well why don't you let it go natural for a bit? See if it's grown on you?" he suggested with a grin before nodding a little bit in understanding, "Alright then you can help try and locate it but it'll be put on the list of items to scavenge."

The Governor loved it when she blushed, it made her eyes sparkle in such a lovely way. His eyes were only a few inches away from her's so he had no trouble seeing the little sparkle at all,

"Tallahassee you say? Nice end of Florida right? Zombie ass kickers are born in Tallahassee huh? That seems kind of unfair." he joked a little bit before nodding, "Yeah Atlanta is my home town. Gotta love hot'lanta!"
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Kipling

Aubrey Kipling

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:13 am

Aubrey couldn't help but blush wildly when she heard the Govenor telling her that a guy who was a little more tactful about what he wanted in a woman did exactly what he had been doing for the entire conversation, so she thought that maybe he did like her like that after all. It sent her heart a flutter and she couldn't help but smile softly to herself, she liked the idea that he would be interested in her as more than a business partner and dweller in Woodbury.

"I...I guess I see what you mean." she whispered gently "Although sometimes they can be overlooked because the guys who are more blatent get there first." Aubrey admitted with a little smile on her lips, as was the case with Matt, he had been one of those up front guys, but he proved the Governors rule she supposed.

The look when she told the Governor that her hair was actually black was one she had seen many times, especially when she had told her closest friends what her hair colour used to be, lots of them said that it would make her look far too pale and it did make her look pale, kind of like an English Rose, because she hated catching tans as it was.

"I don't think it would have grown on me, but, if I can't find blue dye then natural it is going to have to be. It'll be strange, I've had it blue for so long. Do you think that I would suit black hair?" she asked with a small hum to her voice as she thought about it "I'd have to cut it all off so it would turn black faster."

Seeing that he was so close to her, Aubrey couldn't help but blush again, she was doing an awful lot of blushing during this conversation but she couldn't help it! Philip was just so...attractive and he was saying such nice things to her!

"Yeah the nice end of Florida, I kind of miss it there, but, Atlanta is pretty nice too." she grinned "It took me a while to get used to the heat, all my clothes got really small and really thin when I moved up here so I could deal with it. Speaking of which, if we do end up staying here, I'll have to get my things from the cabin." Aubrey stated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)   Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming storm or calming winds? (The Governor and Aubrey)
Page 1 of 1