The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Empty
PostSubject: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:36 am

Jessica had been free from the Company for a year, before she was captured by Building 26 shortly after that, now though, now she was free again and enjoying being so. The darkness was topped up just to the right level for her to be having a normal human existence, without having to worry about controlling dozens of puppets at one time.

She was intent on decimating the Company, it had been decimated, apart from a few key members that she could let slide she supposed. Noah Bennet had been an unusual ally for her throughout the Building 26 fiasco, maybe now he could see that she wasn't the monster that the Founders of the Company had made her, or made her out to be.

Now, she was at one of the 'best fairs' in the country. Apparently all the acts here were really very lifelike, almost like the fire eaters didn't need their liquid to breathe fire, they could do it on their own. Powers, they had them and Jessica wanted a sneak peek, was that so wrong of her?

Smirking a little bit as she paid for her ticket, she wandered into the fairground enjoying the buzz of the people around her, and swiftly she decided she wanted to chance her arm at the darts game. In her time as a fugitive she had improved her aim a lot with her own throwing knives.

A few bucks later and she was wandering around with the present she had won from the stall owner, a rather impressive top hat which suited her down to the ground. She looked at home in a circus, what with her pale skin and even paler hair, almost haunted complexion. Not just that but her clothes, the black almost ringleader-esque jacket, with her red blouse and tight black ripped jeans. The only thing that didn't look out of place where her shoes, high heeled Doc Martens, which were much too expensive for anyone here to own.

Pausing to look at the fortune tellers tent, Jessica smirked. Oh what, oh what would her fortune be she wondered?
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:44 am

Samuel loved it when people came to the carnival for more reasons than one might expect from the leader of said carnival. Sure he loved it because it brought his family money, fame and admiration. Of course he loved that. But something else that no one knew was that when other specials were around him, his powers grew stronger and stronger. So he enjoyed knowing that specials, whether they knew it or not, were adding to his power temporarily as they stayed there.

It was also the reason why he noticed when one particular woman walked into the fair.

Hopping over the counter and asking a younger 'family' member to look after it for awhile, he hurried to follow the woman. Her skill at the darts game was most impressive but he had a feeling that that was not her power at all. He smirked a little bit as he looked at her properly for the first time. Well damn it all if she didn't look like she was vying for his position as head of the carnival family right about now.

Seeing that she had stopped in front of the fortune tellers tent, he smirked a little bit and tapped her tophat off her head so that it fell forwards. Spinning around her, he caught the tophat and placed it on his head before bowing and presenting it back to her with a smirk,

"My dear lady! You have come to the most amazing carnival on earth!" he declared happily before smirking a little bit, "My name is Samuel Sulivan and I am the leader of this little carnival... may I ask what you think of our humble talents so far?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 am

Jessica was peacefully gazing at the fortune tellers booth, minding her own business when someone came and knocked the top hat right off the back of her head, scowling wickedly at the man who was now standing in front of her, she hoped to god he had some good reason why he was acting like an immature child in knocking her newly won prize from her head.

Snatching the hat back she secured it on her head again and glowered at the man, who had now named himself as Samuel Sullivan, the leader of the circus here. Smirking softly she crossed her arms about her chest and just stood there staring at him for a while, a rather vicious looking smile on her face as she did so. It was just part of her nature she hadn't managed to shake, her madness that was.

"Pleased to meet you, Samuel Sullivan." she stated with a tipping of her hat "Honestly? I'm a little disappointed, fire eaters who breathe and eat real fire...astonishing." Jessica gasped, placing her hands on her cheek as she opened her mouth in mock surprise.

Unable to stop herself from chuckling darkly she shook her head, stopped her leaning against the nearest booth and let her hands drop back down by her side. She just wanted to enjoy the fair like a normal human being but it didn't even seem like she could do that any more! Smiling lightly though, she ran her finger over her charm bracelet.

"But...I did always love the fair." she murmured softly "It's very nice here, very bright and happy a place. I didn't come here though, to be spoken to about being special, believe it or not I came here for the rides." Jessica smirked.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:05 am

Samuel grinned crookedly when he saw that his little antics had riled the customer up a little bit. Smirking, he bowed once again to her to show her that he was just joking around. And it was the truth, he was just having a bit of a laugh and playing around with her at the moment. Before powers came into the question, he wanted to know what she was like as a person.

And right now she seemed to be a touch violent, a bit wicked and a little bit less sane than was normal.

Of course none of these things were really an issue for Samuel as many of the family members here were some of those things too. In some cases they were two or more of those things themselves. He smirked a little bit,

"And what might your name be my little lady?" he asked her before smirking a little bit, "Oh so you're a sceptic? Or maybe you just know the trick eh? Well I assure you that there are many more interesting acts around!"

He could see that she wasn't exactly liking the fact that he seemed to be keeping her from the fair. But honestly he wasn't keeping her from anything. Smirking a little bit he nodded in agreement,

"Something about the fair makes even the oldest adult feel like a child again." he agreed with a smirk before nodding with a wide grin, "I can actually believe that and I won't stop you enjoying the fair. I'll even tag along and get some of your ride fares for free, what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:17 am

This man didn't seem like he was going to be leaving her alone any time soon and Jessica wasn't really sure how she felt about that. Did she feel glad of some company? Or was she perfectly happy wandering around in her little bubble on her own? After Sylar disappeared she spent most of the time on her own, she didn't truly believe he was dead oh no no not at all, but, something had happened to him.

Maybe having a small conversation with someone needn't be so hard. It might even be pleasurable if the man didn't try and knock her hat off again, if he did well then, maybe she would just have to dislocate his arm from his socket.

"My name?" she echoed "My name is Jessica Bristow. I don't believe I can be surprised by anything that you have to show me, I've seen it all, some of it I've even seen twice." Jessica smirked, turning on her heel to look back at Samuel.

The talk of getting some of the fair rides for free made Jessica raise her eyebrow; "What kind of rip off place is this? I spent $20 to get in here and I still have to pay for everything on top of that. This place blows. Im going to need those free rides so, keep up." she sighed, shoving her hands in her back pockets of her jeans as she turned and resumed walking down the makeshift alley to the next bank of games.

Smiling softly at them she spotted a cotton candy stall in the distance and stalked her way towards it, cotton candy had been a favourite of hers when she went to the fairs in her younger days. Taking out her purse she grinned;

"Just one please." Jessica ordered, looking around the fair as she did so, spotting what looked like a sideshow of knife throwing, she grinned wolfishly, Jessica loved throwing knives, not so much the part where she had to miss though.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:32 am

Samuel was, amongst other things, a showman. And one of the greatest abilities of a showman was to know when your audience's attention was faltering for whatever reason. And she seemed to be losing interest in what he was currently talking to her about. Of course it might have something to do with the fact that she was special too and so knew that all of their little shows were so lifelike because they were the result of their powers.

When she gave her name and said the she was unlikely to ever be surprised he chuckled a little bit before winking at her with a happy little smirk,

"A pleasure Jessica... but I can surprise you." he assured her with a wider smirk, "There are many things and abilities that must be kept secret after all and our family has some of those types of people. Those who had to be kept secret."

He raised his hands a little bit when she complained about this pricing schemes,

"It may seem like a tad much but you must remember that there are many children and elderly, who cannot perform, who need some way to be fed." he told her with a little smile before smirking, "All your rides and stalls are free do not worry."

Seeing that she was a little bit enthralled with both the cotton candy and the knife throwing, he smirked wider than he had done before as he bought himself a plain, healthy, apple,

"You seem attracted to the idea of throwing sharp objects like that... want to have a go too?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:43 am

Jessica raised her eyebrow when she heard that there were people with dangerous abilities here in the carnival, this would be a real buffet for Sylar...if he were here. It always seemed to get her down thinking about him, they had been so alike and had shared many goals and experiences, he had been a good friend to her over the years.

"Oh really? Then might I suggest you get to the 'surprising' because I can tell you now, there isn't much I haven't seen, or heard about, from my power." she smirked, looking up Samuel once more, then nodding her head, to the rather prominent shade behind him, it would have been fun to tell him about him but, maybe later.

Picking a little bit of cotton candy off the large pack she had been given, Jessica looked a little bit confusedly at the man, Samuel. Perhaps it was just her way of thinking that made her seem the strange one but, with so many people being a drain on resources, why even bother to keep them in the circus any more.

"All I'm saying is do one or the other." she stated shrugging her shoulders "I don't mind paying for stalls and rides, as long as I don't have to pay to also breathe the air." Jessica stated with a little smirk on her lips.

The suggestion that she should have a go at the throwing, made Jessica laugh, a rather hollow sound but it was a laugh all the same. It was definitely not a good idea to indulge her in her violent fantasies, besides, she was enjoying watching the rather handsome man do it himself. Leaning on the cotton candy booth she looked him up and down rather blatently;

"Ah no, I don't think that's a great idea." she stated, licking the candy from her fingers "I throw to kill, not to amuse crowds, the woman would die in...less than a few seconds. Besides, I'm enjoying the view."

Turning to Samuel Jessica furrowed her brow and asked; "So, what's the deal? This a circus for special people to hide out? Couldn't have broadcasted that fact a bit better like...8 months ago? No?"
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:10 am

Samuel could tell that she either didn't believe him or merely didn't care all that much about the people with abilities here. He honestly thought it might have been a little bit of both since she was here for the rides and not looking to run away from the world or seek help with developing her powers. She was here, simply because it was a carnival and she was looking for something to entertain her,

"Oh now that sounds like a bit of a challenge!" he admitted before raising an eyebrow as he made several rocks begin to twirl and dance around him without so much as glancing at them, "I do wonder what delightful ability lets you go around without being surprised by much! You say that you hear about things via your power? Odd phrasing... suggests someone tells you these things. Can you talk to animals or something?"

Taking a bite out of the apple that he had bought from the snack food vendor, he followed her as she began to pick at the cotton candy. When he was younger, Samuel had gotten his head stuck in the cotton candy machine so he had a rather understandable fear of the stuff,

"Yes well you do have a point." he admitted with a little sigh, before adding honestly, "My older brother Joseph was a bit tight when it came to money and always had a way to make more money out of the same materials."

Samuel flinched when she moved her cotton candy, almost touching him with the pink death weapon that he detested so very very much. He swallowed a little bit thickly before taking another bite out of his apple as he too watched Edgar throw his knives,

"That must have come from one hell of a necessity... the ability to kill with throwing knives." he questioned lightly before frowning slightly, "It is indeed but my brother Joseph would welcome people to the family but he would not risk advertising our presence. It was... hypercritical to be sure."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:23 am

Jessica folded her arms around her chest when Samuel had those rocks twirling around him, it was nothing special she had seen many people with powers to make objects move, this was seemingly no different to them. Although, it was interesting how the shade attached to this man was trying to reach out to her while Samuel used his powers. Almost like he was trying to tell her something about them.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" she asked with a quirked eyebrow "I'm not about to take the mystery out of it for you but, feel free to keep guessing if it lets you sleep at night. Anyway, floating rocks? Awesome power man."

Smirking a little bit she turned around the corner and looked around the new lane of stalls, eager to continue to explore the carnival. There was one of those old palm readers here as well, it seemed strange to have two different ones but who was she to judge. Also, a place to get tattoos, maybe she could add to the many she already had?

"I know I have a point." Jessica murmured distractedly as she looked at the prints of the different artwork that the tattoo artist could do "That's why I made it."

When she heard that this was a place for people with abilities to hide out, Jessica turned and looked at Samuel with her eyes rather sharp with anger. How could there be a place like this? How could there be people willing to hide others with abilities that didn't want to help when things like Building 26 had happened!

"Hypocritical is the last thing that comes to my mind when I think about that." she hissed "You people have it so cushy here, I bet you don't know a thing about what they did to people like us. You just live here in your little fantasy carnival land." Jessica growled.

Stuffing her hands back into her pocket she turned and started to make her way to the exit; "You can keep your free rides, I'm leaving."
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:40 am

Samuel chuckled a little bit and tried to shrug indifferently but the truth was that yes, he really did want to know. He clicked his tongue a little bit as he winked playfully at her. When she suggested that his power was that limited he actually got a little bit offended and immediately rushed to protect the honour of his power,

"I'm the only tetramancer in the world." he told her with a smirk, "I control the earth and geological material from diamonds to coal... from earthquakes to sinkholes. That is my power Jessica, not just floating rocks."

He neglected to mention that he was only powerful enough to make earthquakes when there were many people with powers nearby. Raising an eyebrow at her, he merely chuckled a little bit to himself before going back to just hanging around with Jessica. He grinned a little bit when he saw her looking at the tattoo stall. Samuel often had a hand in that after all.

He could see that she didn't appreciate the fact that it had been Joseph's decision to keep them out of world affairs, even when it came to being about others with powers. Sighing a little bit, he raised a hand and a small wall of rock rose from the ground to block her way for a moment,

"Please don't leave, we've been trying to correct the mistakes of our past." he assured her softly, "I call others to us now that I'm in charge... to keep them all safe from harm."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:47 am

Jessica smirked a little bit when she managed to get him to reveal his power before she had to reveal hers, although she wasn't really a combat person her powers could be really useful, she could summon wraiths and then there were her puppets she could use. Although after a few weeks they became useless and she had to make new ones. Bodies when decayed were not the sturdiest attack force in the world.

"Why thank you for telling me exactly what I wanted to hear without even having to ask." she smirked "Never reveal what your powers are Samuel, especially not to someone like me." Jessica added, her tone was a little bit sad towards the end, she had never wanted to turn out like this, but they had made her this way.

She had to make her peace with it a long time ago.

As soon as the wall of rock was blocking her way, Jessica began to feel a little antsy and popped a throwing knife out of her jacket sleeve, dropping it into her hand ready to be used if she needed to. A fight was never off the cards if you lived a life like she did.

"Correct all you like. It's too late for most of us out there." Jessica hissed "It doesn't matter if you help us now, the damage is already done. Now if you don't move this goddamn wall I'm going to have to do something you really don't want me to do."
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 am

Samuel raised an eyebrow when she thanked him for revealing his power to her. Thankfully he knew that if he was around others there would be nothing she could do to stop him from taking out a lot of people. That and he hadn't expressed any limitations that he had so for all she knew he could only be able to move rocks or we so powerful he could feel his way through the rocks,

"Well that's not a problem." he told her with a little smirk before frowning a little bit. Someone like her? What did that even mean? Deciding to ask, he coughed slightly to get her attention, "What do you mean... someone like you?"

He didn't like trapping her like a rat but sometimes things were the way that they were. And she didn't want to listen to him, while getting progressingly more and more powerful and knowledgable. He smiled faintly at her,

"The world will repeat itself but we shall be strong enough to stop it at the very least when it comes back around." he told her with a small smirk before noticing her throwing knife, "Careful now..."

Edgar wandered over, as if he didn't know that Jessica had a knife in her hand,

"I don't think this was a friendly discussion..." he smirked a little bit, "I had hoped that the awkwardness and the tension would be gone by the time I got here... but I guess I was too fast. My name is Edgar, and yours?"
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:13 am

Jessica was not happy being trapped here like this and she was getting more and more pent up by the second, she could feel the spirits around her more clearly than she had done before, she could feel their power and one of the most powerful here was connected to the man in front of her. Connected to Samuel.

If he didn't let her go she would return this spirit to its body and let Samuel suffer the consequences of such an action.

"Its none of your goddamn business!" she growled "I've known you five minutes, I'm not sharing my private life with you. You've not earned that right."

Slamming her hand against the wall of rock in front of her, Jessica tried to tap into the power of the spirits around her to try and force her way through the wall. Nothing happened though apart from a crack appearing in the rock and her having a very sore hand. Scowling Jessica's hand holding the knife twitched and she thought about seriously using it.

"Let me go!" Jessica growled "Or I swear to god you will regret this. I know things about you...very interesting and intriguing things."

When the other man walked over to them, Jessica felt like despairing and she ran her hands through her hair. Where was Horn Rimmed Glasses when she needed him? Oh sure he was all up for some flirting when she didn't need back up but now he was where?! Merely glowering suspiciously at 'Edgar' the knife thrower, Jessica kept the knife in her hand.

"It would be gone if this wall wasn't here and I could leave like I want." Jessica stated with a glare "What is this? Come and have a look at the trapped woman time?! Does it look like this is a good time?!" She proclaimed before adding, begrudgingly "But it's Jessica."
Back to top Go down
Samuel Sulivan

Samuel Sulivan

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:33 am

He could see that she was getting more and more pent up by being confined by his little wall of rock, even though it only blocked off one direction. She seemed to be contemplating violence right about now and Samuel tensed, prepared to defend himself if it came down to that. But honestly he hoped it didn't, he was much better at killing off groups of people than just one person,

"I know I've not earned the right to talk about your private life and I'm sorry but I just really want to get to know you better." he explained before sighing a little bit, "I'm just curious... and I'd like to know that it's nothing out of your control. I do have the lives of these people riding on me you know and I won't let them down."

Samuel frowned a little bit and a small voice in the back of his mind urged him to ignore her demands... and squash her like a bug. Nothing able to stop him either. All he had to do was wave his hand and the wall would sprout spikes after all. He waved his hand and the wall sank back down into the ground,

"I'm sure that you do." he admitted with a small frown, "But I'm already regretting letting you get away like this..."

Edgar raised an eyebrow and Samuel merely met his gaze with an uninterested expression that Samuel saw right through. It seemed that he was still holding a grudge. Sighing a little bit, Edgar shook his head,

"Joseph would have just let her come and go as she pleased." he defended Jessica, more by proxy since he was also trying to discredit Samuel's choice of bringing in only those with strong powers. He bowed his head to Jessica, "A lovely name, mine is Edgar. Would you like to blow off some steam? I can take you to the dart throwing stall if you like."
Back to top Go down
Jessica Bristow

Jessica Bristow

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:40 am

Jessica decided that she had enough of this.

She wasn't about to just stay here and have this man dictate to her.

So he was regretting letting her get away? Well damn straight he would regret it when she lead HRG right to his little den of freaks. He would help her to get her revenge on these guys, he would help her to get free from their grip - they didn't seem like people to let things go, or let people go-. Glaring at Samuel in particular Jessica clenched her fist so hard her nails dug into her palm and cut her skin.

"Sorry, I've already been." she stated quietly "And, I think it's about time that I was leaving, so if you're not going to move the wall, then, I guess I'm going to have to make you." Jessica hummed.

Closing her eyes. she felt for that energy inside her, that oh so precious spirit who was just bursting to help her out of this situation. Letting it free, it flew right at Samuel knocking him off his feet, and as it swirled around him keeping him distracted, Jessica smiled gently at the other man Edgar. Giving him a small salute she hopped over the rubble that was left of the wall.

"It would have been nice to get to know you better, Edgar." she murmured as she darted down the alley and to the exit of the circus, bowling her way past people as the spirit ran to catch up with her, joining once more with her body as she left the grounds of the circus. Not stopping just yet, Jessica continued her run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)   Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun at the Fair (Samuel and Jessica)
Page 1 of 1