The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaas

Vaas

Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:04 am

Vaas and his pirates had gotten word that Citra was trying to kill another woman off and was doing a fairly shitty job of it too. Smirking a little bit, Vaas had immediately made his way into the jungle with his men to try and find the girl.

She would have information about Citra's camp and that would finally allow Vaas to make himself an only child.

Grinning a little bit when he and some of his men stumbled across a group of Citra's 'warriors' standing around taunting someone hiding in some bushes, he slowly slide out a machete and got his men to do the same.

Before the 'warriors' could fire on the hiding woman, Vaas attacked.

A machete to the side of the neck at full strength was nothing to sneeze at and Vaas had a strong swing. To such an extent that the man he had hit lost his head entirely with that one hit. He laughed a little bit,

"Damn! Hermana's 'warriors' are getting weaker!" he joked a little bit, "They couldn't even catch you eh chica?"

He turned to the bushes,

"Come on out chica, you ain't got to worry about no more of those bendehos!"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:14 am

Tallis thought that she had been doing fairly well so far when she had managed to avoid being eaten alive by leopards and poisoned by snakes, and even better when you considered that she had grown up in cities all her life. This was their big wildlife vacation and so far she had to admit that it sucked ass, Tallis had thought that the needles were going to be one of the big downsides to this trip but now they seemed insignificant.

How could they seem important when you had some tribeswoman after you because she thought you were going to have sex with someone and carry their warrior baby?! Not even thinking about how wrong that would be in the first place, Tallis was fairly sure she wasn't just about to jump into bed with someone and have sex to carry their baby.

Babies. Hurt.

Trapped with these warriors of Citra's tracking her every move, she had hidden in the vein hope that they wouldn't find her, of course they had and they had been taunting her for the past 15 minutes by shooting into the bushes she was hiding in to make her scurry around.

Although when she heard the sound of them being attacked...Tallis peeked her head up from behind the bush and took a little look at what was going on.

Well, if that was they guy that Citra was talking about she could see the possibility on a physical level but, honestly Tallis just wanted to get home, get away from this place and hopefully just wake up in bed next Saturday being completely over and done with the whole ordeal. It didn't seem like it was going to be that easy though.

Slipping out of the bushes, Tallis wished she looked more kempt but running through the jungle had scratched her, and it had left her with muddy knees, pink cheeks from the extertion and her clothes were slightly ripped. Her cream shorts were splattered with grass, blood and mud stains and her hands were covered in the long arms of her tshirt that she ripped off to make bandages.

"Thank you." she whispered softly, merely looking at the leader of the group, letting her eyes flick around the other men slowly.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:19 am

So this was the woman that Citra had been jealous enough of to run out of the tribe and have her attacked with the intent for her to be killed?

Well he could see why his sister would feel like she was inadequate next to a woman as beautiful as the one in front of him.

And grass, mud and blood stains aside, this woman was nothing if not beautiful. He chuckled a little bit and hummed to himself as he cleaned his bloodied machete on the trousers of the man he'd killed to bloody the blade in the first place,

"You welcome chica." he told her easily enough before smirking a little bit when she seemed to nervously look at both himself and the men, "Are you nervous around us little chica? Nervous around the pirates with knives?"

Smirking a little bit, he laughed a little bit before gesturing vaguely to the bushes with his machete as he looked at her,

"So tell me... why were my hermana's... my sister's... men trying to kill you?" he asked with a small smirk, "I have some idea but... tell me the truth."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:58 am

Tallis to be honest didn't know if this was better or worse than being chased by the other men from before, she thought that it was rather a lot better if they weren't going to continue to chase her after she told them what they wanted to know but, she wasn't sure that they were going to do that yet. This man seemed violent, she needed to play to his good side.

Gulping softly when he wiped his machete on one of the dead bodies, Tallis tried not to look at them, it made her feel a little sick to see them lying there. They were alive a few seconds ago, it was sad, even though they were assholes.

"Yes." Tallis admitted with a small nod of her head "That, and I haven't had the best of days so far." she added with a quiet murmur.

Directing her gaze to the floor, she tried to figure out the best way that she could explain to this man why his sister was trying to get her killed. To be honest she didn't understand it much herself but she had to explain it otherwise he was going to be as nasty if not worse than his sister Citra had been.

"Well...when I was captured I was brought to this woman, Citra. She told me that I had to be killed because only she could carry the child of a warrior or something...I didn't really understand. I tried to reason with her but she sent those men after me anyway. I only managed to get away by knocking a few guys out and hijacking their jeep." Tallis explained with a sheepish expression, her voice still quiet.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:14 am

Vaas chuckled a little bit to himself. This little rich girl was shaking in her boots right now and he knew she would only get worse as time went on. Or... she might survive the initial shock to the system and fight back against the jungle and the culture.

But, most likely, she would adapt to survive or she would die.

Grinning a little bit he shook his head slightly,

"No I didn't think you would have... we heard radio about how Hermana had caught some new playthings..." he tutted a little bit, "Was my sister not too charity with her hosting duties? She always was a stubborn little bitch was my Hermana!"

Laughing a little bit, he stabbed his machete into the back of the man he'd killed. His hilt was a little bit of a reach away and Vaas could see that she was getting more and more unnerved by this conversation,

"Citra is my sister... and she wants to carry the child of the best warrior on the island. That... is me. And that means that my sister... is fucking nuts right?" he asked with a wide grin before laughing a little bit, "Chica! You knocked out some guys and jacked their ride? Ah chica you just scored points! You wanna you come with us eh?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:23 am

Tallis was having a hard time actually not falling in love with this guys accent, it was really rather hot when she thought about it, but decided not to invest too much into that because the hormones she was feeling were probably all over the place with the adrenaline and the bad as shit day she had been having so far.

Not really knowing what to say to the conversation and insults about his sister, Tallis didn't want to offend him by being cruel about his sister, nor did she not want to say anything at all in case that angered him. It was clear that diplomacy was going to be key in the conversation ahead, she wanted to go with these guys after all, not have everyone on the island as an enemy.

"No she wasn't the most gracious hostess." she agreed with a murmur, letting her eyes come back up to lock with his own, she didn't want to show any signs of weakness from now on, he needed to know she was an asset and could stand on her own.

Blinking a little bit and flinching when he stabbed the other guy in the back of the head with his machete, Tallis didn't know what to do, so she just ignored the action after the initial shock of it happening.

Unable to stop her mouth popping open when she heard that Citra wanted to carry her brothers baby, Tallis realised that she must be more deranged than she thought she was. Who on earth would be into incest or anything like that? It was clear her brother wasn't into it either...which was a blessing seeing as he offered her a place with him at his camp.

"Uhm yeah, something is definitely wrong with her if she thinks that's a good idea." she stated, her tone was a little shocked still at the idea, but, Tallis smiled gently and nodded to his offer "I did, and I would like that, as long as I don't get shoved in some cage..."

Twirling her small knife she had made with the bones of an animal she had killed in her hand, something that he hadn't noticed had been there, Tallis smiled and placed it in the holster on her leg.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:35 am

Vaas knew that she wanted to say some rather choice things about his sister but he could also see that she was wisely keeping them inside. One of his men had found out the hard way that the only person who was able to talk shit about his sister was him. No one else would be allowed to get away with it on Vaas' watch.

Anyone who tried lost their tongue.

Smirking a little bit, he nodded in agreement,

"That's right chica, that's right... she always did hate visitors. Even visitors who could make her lots of money!" he teased her with a wink, "But I am a much better host than my Hermana, chica! You'll love being with me I think..."

He smirked a little bit. A little bit of a gut reaction and that was it. She might just learn to adapt to this island after all.

Shaking his head a little bit as he recalled some encounters with his sister, he suddenly smirked and gestured for her to follow him. As they were walking back to the camp he glanced at her,

"Do you know... the definition of insanity?" he asked her with a sly smirk, "It's doing the exact same fucking thing over and over... and expecting shit to change."

With that life lesson done he narrowed his eyes,

"By that, Citra is insane." he told her bluntly before grinning a little bit, "Slightly better than a cage... more of a shack really."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:43 am

Tallis thought that there was something chilling about the way that this man was speaking, it was like although he was saying she was going to like it here with him he was actually saying that in some ways it was going to be worse than the encounter she had already had with Citra. Biting her lip softly she decided that she was going to see whether he was right before committing to an answer right away.

Merely nodding in answer to his statements, Tallis decided she was going to begin following him when he gestured for her to do so, she needed to make sure that she could keep up with what was going on after all. If she got left behind that might be it for her!

The definition of insanity was by all means a logically correct offering for the definition. To do the same thing again and again but expecting something different to happen was crazy and she was sure that this man was right on some accounts. So she thought she had better tell him that.

"I have to say I agree." Tallis stated quietly "It makes sense what you say."

Shack. A word she would have cringed at before but was over the moon to hear now;

"As long as it has four walls, a roof and a bed of sorts to sleep on that's great." Tallis smiled gently as she walked, letting her gaze be directed down to the ground to keep an eye open for animals as they walked towards...well wherever they were going.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:53 am

Vaas could tell that she was rather tentative about the whole thing. Coming with him, he meant. She would be right to do so to be honest! He grinned widely and couldn't help but want to laugh out loud too. But that would make him sound evil or something like that and she might not come round to the camp with him.

And he rather liked her so he wanted to have her around his camp.

She was following his perfectly fine for someone who seemed to realise that he was not an intrinsically nice person. Hell, Vaas wasn't nice to anyone since his sister had fucking blindsided him and turned on him just because he wouldn't fuck her. He sighed a little bit when he thought about that but ultimately ignored it.

Citra was dead to him now... soon to be just dead.

He hummed a little bit with a small smile when she said that she agreed with him. It wasn't often that people did without a gun to their heads! He grinned, happy in the knowledge that she agreed with him and that the shack would be up to her standards,

"Well don't worry chica, it has four walls, a roof, electricity, a fan and a little ice box." he told her with a wide smirk, "We live better than those little tribesmen chica! And now... so do you!"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:40 am

Tallis smiled softly when she looked up at the man and saw that he was grinning, he did look rather handsome when he grinned, it was like he was thinking something cheeky he shouldn't be. It had a mischievous quality about it that she found that she quite liked. Of course she wasn't going to admit that and she looked away from the man a few seconds afterwards.

There was a sort of companiable silence that fell between the two of them but the other pirates were quick to fill it, flirting with her and asking her about how she had managed to escape clear across the island from Citra's men.

Honestly Tallis had no idea how she had managed to do that herself when she heard it put out that way, but she responded graciously to their questions and answered them as well as she could do.

"Wow, an ice box, what I wouldn't give to just sit in there for a few minutes, every muscle hurts so much from dashing everywhere." she admitted with a small smile "I guess I'll be getting used to that though."

Looking at the pirates, and seeing that they all wore the same kind of uniform, Tallis decided that she would ask something, perhaps it was her first question she thought to ask the man in charge. He looked like the type of guy that asking questions to could go either way, good, or terribly bad.

"So, do I get a uniform too?" Tallis asked with a small nod to the rest of the pirates and their get ups.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:57 am

Vaas had to admit that from looking at her from the side of his vision she was spending an awful lot of time looking at him in a rather inappropriate manner... or entirely appropriate manner if you wanted to get into how he felt about the whole thing. Sexy, beautiful, woman checking you out? That's something you revel in; not shun.

He was beginning to contemplate shooting some of his own men though, they seemed to be getting more and more flirty with Tallis and it was, for some reason, annoying him rather a lot. Though he took was very curious as to how she had managed to flee halfway across the island without being re-captured or killed.

It spoke of some major skills.

"Well the fan will help with that chica, usually you turn it on over the open ice box and BANG!" he laughed a little bit, "cold air! But si, you will get used to it chica... everyone does."

When she asked if she got a uniform they were just arriving at the camp and he couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. She realised she was offering to join up with that one statement right? He shook his head slightly,

"Si but only if you join up." he told her with a grin before winking slightly, "But only two exits off this island... as a member... or as someone being traded and sold... comprende chica?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:04 am

Tallis thought that it was rather odd. Odd the way that the pirates, although a little forwards, were actually sort of nice people when you got to know them. The guns of course still intimidated her as did all of their scars and sometimes when they made a lewd comment she realised she would affectively be the only woman in a camp full of men...

It wasn't a good thing to realise she came to the conclusion of.

Seeing the camp just up ahead, Tallis took it in and then decided that it was as good as it was going to get in the middle of an island like this. It had a fire, it had electricity, it had food and a good place to sleep so she couldn't complain.

Although she did gulp softly when the leader said she basically had to join up or be sold as a slave;

"Uhm well then I think I might be joining up if you'll let me." she laughed nervously "Not so keen on that second option right there."

Realising that she hadn't even introduced herself yet, Tallis smiled gently and caught the mans eye so that he knew that she was speaking to him, even though she didn't know his name she thought calling him 'Uhm' or 'Sir' was not a good move.

"I'm Tallis by the way, Tallis Absolon."
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:20 am

Vaas noticed how some of his men immediately left the group after entering the camp and swore a little bit under his breath. Hoyt would be made aware of her presence within the next ten minutes and he was unlikely to just let her stay here if she had no other type of talent other than information and being eye candy.

Of course there were 'other' uses for her simply because she was a woman but Vaas was reluctant to offer such uses.

He chuckled a little bit and was about to accept her into the little pirate gang when Hoyt made his way towards them. Vaas grimaced slightly as the man scowled at him,

"So Vaas... I see you're recruiting new blood." he commented with a scowl, "I see that you're disobeying me to do so. What do you think you're playing at? This isn't how you play the game my friend! Remember that the only reason your head isn't on my car's hood is because I will it!"

Vaas swallowed his warrior's pride and nodded slowly. With that acceptance, Hoyt seemed to calm down before glancing at Tallis,

"So... Tallis Absolon you say?" he paused for a moment, "You would recruit her Vaas?"

Nodding, Vaas defended his choice,

"She gives us information about the rebels and she is mucho more intelligent than most." he told his boss before adding, "And she was good enough to knock out three warriors and steal their jeep."

Hoyt hummed,

"Help me out here Tallis. This is like in poker where you have to choice whether or not you want to replace a card. Selling you is a ten of spades that I get to keep." he told her before tilting his head to the side, "On the other hand I could keep you. In exchange for a random card. It's up to you to impress upon me that you'd be worth giving up. That you staying would be a higher card than you leaving."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:30 am

Tallis felt the atmosphere around Vaas changing when another man appeared, she had thought that Vaas was the leader but maybe she was wrong. It was obvious that he was being punished for showing her such leniency and for allowing her to stay as part of his gang, he was going to have to answer for his choice now and she hoped that he wouldn't get punished if his boss decided he had made a bad choice.

Moreover she hoped that she wouldn't have to go and be some horrible maid sex slave if she had to be sold...that was not what she had wanted to be when she grew up.

Listening to what Vaas thought about her, even so soon after meeting her made Tallis feel a little bit proud of herself if she was honest and it gave her the courage to be confident in her abilities. Maybe she would be able to explain herself to this big boss.

When he spoke to her Tallis turned her gaze to him in a sign of respect and waited her turn to speak;

"Well, I managed to survive out there in the jungle with nothing but the clothes on my back, made my own weapons and medical supplies to see me through. I'm a swift learner, just thing of all the things that I could do learning from the other people here at Vaas' camp, I would be ten times more useful. Not only that but before I came here I completed a nursing course at Liverpool University, I can ensure that the men here have medical treatment for their wounds, infections other medical conditions."

Pausing, Tallis added; "I think that overall, you could benefit from my skills around the camp on a purely medical basis, even if you don't think that my physical skills are up to scratch, but in a few more days, I'll be as good as any of Vaas' men."
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:43 am

Vaas was, for some reason, more nervous than usual when he was talking to Hoyt. The damn white boy had it in for him he swore to god but now he seemed to be even more on edge with his boss. Was it because he was aiming most of his ire at Tallis? That might be it actually. He didn't think that Tallis deserved that kind of treatment and yet that was the kind of treatment she was getting.

It made no sense to him.

Hoyt listened to her reasoning in silence and gave no indication as to what he was feeling. He had a brilliant poker face and right now it was stuck on "neutral but mildly disapproving". It was a setting he was rather familiar with to be honest.

Deciding that he had better stick up for Tallis, he grinned a little bit nervously and nodded,

"We need a new nurse or doctor person right?" he asked, getting Hoyt to look at him with the blank expression, "If she's any good then we could really use her si?"

Hoyt looked between Vaas and Tallis for a long moment before smirking slightly,

"You know what? You're right. We do need a medical officer." he turned to Tallis, "That's your job should you choose to take it. If you do well enough we can talk about returning you to the nearest country so you can go home. However... should you do badly..."

He pointed at Vaas,

"I'll have your head above my fireplace and your balls cut off and made into a coinpurse for one of my bitches."

He pointed at Tallis,

"I'll tie you naked to a post and let the boys have their way with you for a whole month before I clean up what's left of you and sell you to become part of some Arabic harem."

He paused when he noticed both Vaas and Tallis looking very pale all of a sudden,

"Do we have an agreement?" he asked with a grin, "It's either that or I just skip to the 'bad ending' for you both."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:52 am

Tallis wanted to smile brightly at Vaas for sticking up for her, he was sweet it seemed especially to women, and even sweeter to women who he wanted on his team it would seem. To be honest she wasn't reading this man, he seemed unreadable anyway, and if he chose to have her sold she would just escape, and hijack a boat, and leave on her own.

She had passed boats along the coast while she had been trying to escape, but she just hadn't had enough time to get onto one without being attacked by the leopard who was chasing her.

Opening her mouth in complete shock at the horrible crude manner at which the man was talking to her, she hadn't even done anything! She was offering her services to him and he decided if she didn't do well he was going to tie her to a bloody post and let everyone do stuff to her?! Well FUCK YOU. She screamed in her head.

Snapping her mouth shut she hardened up slightly;

"We have an agreement, I will not fail." she stated calmly "Thank you for the chance to prove I'm worth the gamble." Tallis added as she folded her arms around her chest.

After a few more seconds of glaring and smirking at the two of them, the man who hadn't bothered to introduce himself nodded, and walked off without a word. Leaving Tallis rather shell shocked. Turning to Vaas with her mouth hanging open she was silently asking for some sort of explanation about what was going on.

"Well...he was a joy." she stated, shaking slightly, but she held herself more to stop it showing "Don't worry though, I'm not going to fail. I got a 1:1 with Honours and a commendation from my Unit I did my work placement on, which was the Accident and Emergency so." Tallis stated with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:07 am

Vaas had to admit that if it weren't for the fact that Hoyt ran the mines and kept the cash flowing... the man would be dead so many times over. Not one single man here liked the fucker since he spent all his days trying to dream up ways to make them all suffer. Which was really not that fun to be honest. Shaking his head a little bit, he tried to centre himself so as to not give away his annoyance while Hoyt was still here.

The last mercenary to do that had had a cigar put out in his eye before having his throat slit partially and hung upside down, to let him very, very slowly bleed out.

When she accepted the agreement he breathed a sigh of relief as Hoyt didn't stay much longer after that. As soon as he was gone he sighed happily and made Tallis follow him over to a large shack that was used as the command centre. Reaching into an ice box, he pulled out two beers. Bashing the tops open, he handed one to her as he gulped down some of his own,

"Puta is what he is! Everything is about money with him... fucker doesn't realise how hard it is to do this kind of work for the shit he pays us." he muttered before nodding to her in thanks, "Well thank you chica, I don't much wanna die and have my balls cut off!"

Shaking his head a little bit, he decided to show her the little medical area of the camp. It was a large tent with many beds set up in it. Each one of them was full of people. Most of them dying from either nature-inflicted wounds or gunshot,

"I hope you can handle things like this..."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 am

Tallis followed Vaas into what seemed like a commanding room for the base, she was just glad to be able to finally relax somewhere after all of the things she had been through the past day or so. It was like she was on some horrible reality tv show, like the ones where they dump the celebrities somewhere off the radar and see how they cope with it for a few days.

Taking the beer Tallis greedily drank it, not caring that she was drinking mostly head for the first gulp or so, it was cold and it was wet. She hadn't drunk much for the past day and she was in sore need of something to wet her whistle.

"Thank you." she smiled gently "You know for sticking up for me back there. It was really nice of you. I wonder if behind the Mohawk you're actually a nice guy like most of the men here." Tallis mused with a soft smile.

As they were moving off somewhere else Tallis took the beer with her, when the tent was opened she double taked and her mouth popped open. Holy shit there were so many people and none of them looked like they were in great condition. Not only that but Tallis couldn't see a medical officer anywhere.

"Is there no nurse or doctor here?!" she gasped "Some of these men have serious infections! Where is the medicine?"

Tutting softly Tallis wandered inside of the tent over to the small desk with what looked like medicine on it, placing some gloves on her hands she looked at the scene, placing her hand on her forehead in exasperation.

"Was your last doctor an idiot or something?" Tallis asked as she went over to the first bed, holding a man who had a rather green looking cut on his leg, which meant that the rest of his leg from the cut downwards had turned green too...gangrene "Oh dear...how long has this man been like this? There's no charts, nothing!"
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:28 am

Vaas had to admit that right now he was acting a little bit too... nice.

Nice.

He was Vaas the warlord of this island and he was, by definition, not nice! But here she was thinking that he was. Of course he had stuck up for her. She hadn't done anything wrong and in so doing he had gotten her to support him in return. It had been win-win for everyone,

"It's nothing, I have to stand up to him sometimes." he told her honestly before shaking his head with a slight chuckle, "You're new chica... I am not 'nice'. Not at all."

Of course the sight of their wounded was enough to make even hardened doctors almost wet themselves with fright and disgust. He would know because one of his prisoners had been a doctor and they'd given him much the same agreement as the one they now had with Tallis. When she started to ask him questions he just shrugged,

"Last doctor we had took one look at this room, asked to use the bathroom, and cut his own throat. Same deal you have with Hoyt." he told her simply before shrugging, "The medicine is in the cabinet there."

He shrugged a little bit as he followed her curiously. When she asked about one guy's leg he looked at the guy,

"Ah that's Pedro!" he gave the man a friendly fistbump, "He's been hanging on for three weeks of the green stuff. That bad?"
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:37 am

Tallis raised an eyebrow and smirked cheekily at Vaas when he said that he wasn't nice at all, she thought that he was trying to keep his macho side up and she was probably going to have to break through that or just let it stay there during her stay. Perhaps it wouldn't be too hard to bash down his walls, but, then again she knew little to nothing about him just yet.

"That's a shame, I only have romantic interest in nice guys." she teased "Seems you're one guy I can cross off my list then. Well, you and Hoyt."

The fact that the last doctor here had killed himself when he saw the room, Tallis gulped softly and she knew she had to toughen up, she was practically a doctor when it came to treating wounds in A and E back home but this wound was something different altogether and she wasn't sure she could treat it that well.

Didn't look like she had a choice though.

"Right, that makes me feel so reassured." she stated with a sigh "This is going to take a while you don't have to stay if you don't want to, but, you might learn something." Tallis grinned as she pulled out a pad and began to take an inventory of all of the medicine. Luckily there were lots of antibiotics, which were crudely marked 'Anti-Clap Pills' but she knew the medical name and jotted it down.

A few moments later she returned to the mans side and smiled lightly, flipping the paper over to begin his chart;

"Hi there Pedro, I'm Tallis the new doctor." she smiled brightly before deadpanning at Vaas "Are you...are you kidding me? Three weeks?"

Pinching the bridge of her nose Tallis sighed and jotted that down; "Now I'm going to ask you a few questions about your general health, and some pre-surgery questions too okay? You unfortunately have got a gangrenous infection in your lower left leg and we're going to have to remove it, before it spreads upwards and throughout the rest of your body. So yes. It's bad Vaas." she stated, with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:52 am

Vaas raised an eyebrow right back at her when she said that she only considered dating or being lovers with nice guys. He knew that was a bullshit answer that a lot of women threw out there to try and hide their own shame at actually being attracted to strong willed assholes who would tell them what they wanted and would show them that they would not afraid to be strong or firm to get what they wanted,

"Well we'll see how long that lasts." he teased her a bit before scowling, "No putting me in the same category as him chica... that's not nice."

He chuckled a little bit and patted her on the shoulder when she complained that she was not feeling very assured about this little venture,

"Do not worry, he had been showing suicidal tendencies since we locked him in the cage." he teased her with a wink before chuckling a little bit and leaning against the nearest tent pole, "Don't mind me chica... you're the most interesting thing to happen in here in years so I'll be keeping an eye on you si?"

Pedro seemed to be enjoying Tallis' bedside manner and when she asked if he was serious he nodded with a small shrug,

"We were planning on cutting it this afternoon." he told her before fetching a very finely sharpened machete... and a bloodied solid metal iron, "We can do it now if you want. It's not that bad to be honest... it's quite common here."
Back to top Go down
Tallis Absolon

Tallis Absolon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:02 am

Tallis laughed softly and found she was enjoying the nice banter between the two of them, it was just showing her that Vaas could be a nice guy when he wanted to be. It just so happened that with his job and his demeanour he didn't often want to be a nice guy, but around her he was just...different than normal she could tell.

Maybe it was the way that the guys were looking at him? Maybe it was because she wasn't currently in a cage or being passed around the camp? She wasn't sure.

"We'll see indeed." she stated, poking her tongue out "Awww sorry, I didn't mean to lump you with Hoyt, I'll make your own little category for you alone, is that better?" Tallis grinned.

Jumping a little bit when Vaas patted her on the shoulder Tallis smiled softly and placed her hand over the spot he had touched, it felt nice to just have some form of physical comforting gesture given to her. A pat on her shoulder was just what she needed to spur her on even more.

"It seems as if I'm the only woman here, so, I guess that is pretty interesting." she smiled lightly "Do you only take on men really or...or what?"

Unable to contain her horror at the sight of the equipment they used for the amputations, Tallis shook her head and held up her hands in a gesture that Vaas should stop what the fuck he was doing right this second.

"NO. No. No." she exclaimed "You can't just cut his LEG OFF, with no sedation, no tourniquet, no sterilised equipment! The iron isn't even hot! Just...no. It's best to leave it to the morning when I have a fresh head and a nights sleep, I'll give you some painkillers tonight okay Pedro it should tide you over until the morning."

Sighing she settled back down and asked him the questions, and was almost ready to whack her head on the nearest wall when he was an alcoholic, drug user and smoker. His heart would therefore be dodgy and his blood pressure unpredictable therefore a liability for surgery but they had no choice.

"Right okay, thank you for that and I will be back later to give you your medicine." Tallis smiled brightly, standing from the chair and moving over to the next bed and sighing "Thank god this one is treatable with these antibiotics."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)   Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the jungle (Tallis and Vaas)
Page 1 of 1