The Dream Catcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Catcher

Every Role Play You Could Ever Imagine, Under One Forum!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway

King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Empty
PostSubject: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:38 am

Nassau was an amazing place if you were the right sort... and the right sort here was any sort!

That was what Edward loved about it so much he had to admit. Right now he was able to just kick back and relax as one of the top dogs on the island. And why not? After all, he had helped to found this lovely republic of the people and he loved to help maintain the freedom that had been won here.

Sighing happily as his Jackdaw slid into dock, he released the wheel and turned to his quartermaster,

"Make sure she's secure and have about seeing the men fed and watered Ade'." he instructed his man, flicking him a gold reale with a smirk, "And have yourself some fun this shore leave eh?"

Whistling, he ambled along the path up to the tavern. Upon arriving he raised his hands to the air,

"A pint of rum to any man who would do the same for me crew!" he told the tavern, getting a roar of approval as he slapped a purse full of gold onto the counter, "Keep it coming man!"

Grinning to himself as dozens of men sang songs about his generosity and his ferocity at sea, he sat himself down at a table with a bottle of the best rum and waited. Sooner or later something would drop into his lap... it always did.
Back to top Go down
Robyn Bluebird

Robyn Bluebird

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:50 am

Robyn had decided that she would make her way to the friendly town of Nassau, not that she wasn't welcome in other towns but, she preferred to be amongst her own sort of people instead of the normal goodie goodies that went about other towns. They were swarming with guards and sometimes she wasn't in the mood to deal with all of them, and the worry that they might just remember her face from somewhere obscure.

Her boots clicked against the soft wood of the pathway towards the bar, and Robyn was just in time to catch the end of someone buying a round at the bar. Picking up a flagon of ale she took a gulp and looked around the assorted people here - there were of course all of the usuals here and she sent a soft smile their way as she quietly drank at her alcohol.

Hopefully she would be able to relax without having a bar fight breaking out over her, like they normally did when people got drunk and perverted. Times at sea were tough on men, but they were equally as tough on women which is what people didn't seem to understand!

There were the main pirates who founded Nassau, Edward Kenway, Teach, Kidd and the fourth member currently wasn't here. To be honest she tended not to bother with these types, however there had been rumours that they were after her, they wanted to meet her because her knowledge of the sea had led her to a profitable location they could not reach.
Back to top Go down
Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:59 am

Edward had been just settling in to drink some of his rum when he noticed the blue hair of the infamous Bluebird coming into the tavern. Grinning a little bit, Edward thanked his luck that something had dropped into his lap like this once again. Licking his lips a little bit of the excess rum, he picked up the bottle and made his way over to the female captain,

"And here the Bluebird comes to perch." He declared with a good natured grin before winking at her and relaxing up next to her, "So what you doing here there Robyn? I heard that you were welcome in every port from here to Tortuga! Looking to spend some time with the salt of the earth I take it my dear songbird?"

Drinking a little bit of his rum, he eyed her hungrily for a moment before he remembered his manners. Wasn't done to be ogling the women pirates in these parts... they tended to aim below the belt-buckle when they struck you and they definitely would strike you,

"I've been hearing talk about your skills as a navigator." he told her honestly with a little grin, "I'm looking to get myself as far south as Yucatan... know much about that neck of the woods? If you could share I'd be much obliged..."

He paused before shrugging to himself and adding,

"If yer'd be a jem and show me and my Jackdaw the way then I'm sure you'd be able to call on my Jackdaw to aid you, one songbird to the next hear me?"
Back to top Go down
Robyn Bluebird

Robyn Bluebird

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:07 am

Robyn was surprised honestly when she saw that it was Edward who was approaching her from the main members, she would have thought that it would have been Kidd if anyone - he seemed the less competent of the four. It made her preen though that he needed her help, or, at least that was what she thought she was going to be asked for when he came over to her.

The compliments were always welcome and she enjoyed them, Robyn was not above showing off her body as she was proud of it and she did enjoy comments on how good her body's condition was.

"Of course I am, that is because I have very different methods to the majority of scoundrels that roam the seas, however, I still find myself most at home in places with my fellow pirates." she stated with a soft smile on her lips "It helps me relax somewhat."

Edward's eyes were roaming a little bit too much around her body for her to be comfortable, or to not rebuke him, so Robyn sent him a firm glare, she didn't think that she should be endorsing such looks. Not around other people anyway - but Edward had never actually bedded a woman before despite his flirting or so the word went.

"I'm the best navigator there is. I know all the ways to get almost anywhere by water. Getting you to Yucatan would be easy, if we took your ship, you would have to get much ammunition the waters are full of Spanish ships."

Widening her eyes a little bit Robyn stuck out her hand with a gentle smile;

"We have an accord, and I have something in mind already."
Back to top Go down
Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:18 am

Edward laughed a little bit when she commented about being more relaxed in Nassau. Oh he could definitely see that. The guards in this town had long since agreed to let the pirates have the run of it, basically sitting around in their fort on the hill killing time. There had been meetings between the commanders and the main pirate captains and it had been decided that the pirates would get the run of the town if they agreed to fight the Spanish if the British were ever to go to war with them again.

Considering the bounty to be had in Spanish ships, the pirates had agreed,

"Yes well that's just one of the many fine virtues that Nassau has." He told her with a wide grin, "This is a town where a man or woman may come and rest their weary head... and drink themselves near into a stupor too!"

Getting rebuked for looking war not something that was new to Edward so he just smirked and winked at her before shaking his head a little bit. She was, by all accounts, the best navigator in the West Indies but there was no need to gloat! Like he had never gloated before. Smirking a little bit, he nodded,

"Well if you're even half as good as you say you are, and evidence suggests you are, then lass you're going to be well worth the food and drink to have you aboard." he assured her with a wink before smirking, "Good, Ade' was just saying the crew would be up for anything as long as some prizes were found along the way."

He blinked a few times before shaking the hand slowly,

"Why do I get the feeling that I've jumped clear into a shark's waiting mouth?"
Back to top Go down
Robyn Bluebird

Robyn Bluebird

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:32 am

Robyn laughed softly, a sweet chirping sound when she heard Edward saying that here people could relax, put up their feet and have a lot to drink without having to worry about being sober enough to run away from guards if they caught onto their memory of you fighting in the town before, or from a wanted poster strung up somewhere in the square. Nassau was quite run down, but, this was a small price to pay for the peace of mind it gave.

"You don't have to tell me twice, you and your fellow captains do a grand job of keeping it a safe haven for privateers and the like." she stated with a playful smirk "After all not all of you can work as I do, technically just within a hairs breadth of the law, stealthy and quiet not charging in cannons blazing."

Unable to stop herself giving him a rather amused, disbelieving look when he merely winked at her, Robyn thought that he had gotten the message and it would be fair game if she were to smack him firmly around the head if she caught him doing it again and she was displeased about it. If she enjoyed the attention well, that was different.

"Well excellent, appearances can be deceptive though, despite my size I do eat my kings share. None of these sea biscuits either, proper food." she smirked.

Laughing gently Robyn sipped her drink;

"It just so happens I was needing assistance on a job, it requires something that is not within my skills base but it within yours quite comfortably. I was going to hire someone but, this is quite the beneficial situation for me." she grinned.
Back to top Go down
Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:43 am

Edward smirked a little bit when she complimented him and the other captains on creating a safe haven for privateers and pirates. It was true, they had made a port unlike any other in that pirates made up perhaps the bulk of it's defensive forces and made up the majority of it's population. To more 'civilized' settlements it was a miracle that Nassau hadn't pulled itself apart by the seams already.

Of course it seemed to be doing it's level best to try.

"Yes we sometimes men of the poorest means can make some of the grandest miracles." he joked a little bit before nodding a little bit with a little smirk, "That's very true... not everyone has what it takes to walk the same line as you do little songbird. Most of the guards ain't likely to turn us away because she look like we might have once been 'good girls'."

He winked to show that he was joking.

Of course when she spoke about eating more than he expected of her he laughed a little bit and couldn't help but smirk,

"Well I suppose it's possible you'll eat more than I thought... but you are build like a sparrow more than an eagle, if you'll pardon my bird humour." He teased her a little bit before smirking wider, "But alright, you get the proper food like everyone else does."

And there was the catch!

There was always a catch.

"Why do I get the feeling that this job of yourself involves something exploding?" He joked a little bit before adding, "Perhaps because it's the only skill I'm famous for?"
Back to top Go down
Robyn Bluebird

Robyn Bluebird

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:52 am

Robyn nodded her head with a faint smile on her lips, she thought that this was very true, all of the people here came from poor backgrounds, bad backgrounds, but here they were trying to fight to better themselves and create a life that they wanted to live instead of being constrained to one that they had no desire to be a part of.

However the teasing about her having been a good girl once made Robyn pout playfully, batting her eyelashes up at Edward;

"I take offence to that Captain Kenway, I always have been and continue to be the best of girls when it comes to behaviour." she stated with a little smirk "Just what elements of behaviour I'm best at is the rub however."

Unable to stop herself from laughing softly when Edward gave in and said that she could have the 'proper food' like everyone else, Robyn knew that he was teasing however she wondered what other food he could have given her instead. Rotten food? That would surely be a meanness uncalled for as she was helping him - it was a good job he was only teasing.

"It's nothing to do with exploding, in fact, I would prefer it if you didn't use fire it could damage the very thing I'm trying to recover after all." she stated with a little smirk "There are bandits occupying the island which my latest target is laying in, they've not moved in the past three visits I've made so...I require someone to help them move on."
Back to top Go down
Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:11 am

Edward smirked a little bit when Robyn decided that she would tease him in return. He liked it when the women in his life had some spirit, made them stronger and much less likely to be clinging onto him. As a person, Edward only liked physically clingy. He wouldn't be able to stand it if someone was clinging to him for all of their needs.

He liked a woman who was independent to a degree after all.

"Oh I'm sure that you do." he teased her a little bit with a wink before laughing a little bit and raising his bottle to her in a salute, "You do a very good job of making sure that people keep guessing about that my dear. Well done for that I'd say."

Of course he was always going to be feeding her right but it didn't do to let everyone in Nassau know that sailing with him was the ticket to fresh meat and fish wherever they went. He spent a lot of time hunting to supply his crew with everything that they needed and wanted after all but there were only so many good hunting spots and if others knew about them then there would very quickly become terribly few really good hunting spots.

"Well then perhaps you ought to have sought out someone else." he teased her a little bit before humming as he listened to her problem. He whistled a little bit, "Looking for these bandits to disappear in a sneaky way? Don't want them roughing up your supplies because they think they're being attacked now do we?"

He paused before adding,

"We'll go and do your errand first." He declared with a grin, "Should mean that you would be honour-bound to help me with my quest right away!"
Back to top Go down
Robyn Bluebird

Robyn Bluebird

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:26 am

Robyn raised her glass as Edward raised his bottle and she hoped that they would be able to work together in the future as well because she really did want to be able to keep in contact with him. He seemed to be a rather amiable man for a pirate and she could spend a lot of time in his company, which was good, considering her destination was a good 4 days sailing away.

It wouldn't do if they kept getting on each others nerves, she would be far more likely to throw him off the side of the ship and leave him to his own devices!

"Isn't that the archetypal job of the female pirate, or indeed any pirate, to with-hold all aspects of genuine personality in order to remain devilishly mysterious?" she asked with a cheeky grin on her lips "That seems to be the angle that you are going for at any rate Edward."

Shyly she looked over towards Blackbeard who was drinking some rum over on his lonesome and she wondered if she had in fact asked the wrong person...but she didn't have the strength to ask him for help, she just couldn't get the words out! She kept getting tongue tied whenever she tried to speak to Blackbeard and so, Bluebird had simply stopped trying.

"Just one supply Edward, it is an ancient classical work of some great value. My client wants it collected and brought to him, they could set it alight and all that money is gone in a poof. We need to make sure they haven't looted or damaged it, and then if they dont have it, I can find it unhindered."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)   King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Amongst Kings (Edward and Tiger)
Page 1 of 1